• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone see Midn in their AERO class?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
So API is just to see if you will be able to handle primary? If you are an SNA, there is no way you will do primary in P'cola right?

rare21

pilot
Contributor
pretty much, the only folks that do primary in Pensacola itself are NFOs.

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
How does Primary compare to API as far as the classes? How long does Primary usually take? Do SNA's usually go to Texas? Or do most go to Vance, God help you.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
There arent many classes in primary. You have some classes as soon as you class up, systems class, and weather (where the only thing i remember is the petty officer saying "bad juju" every minute). Later you have an RI class which just teaches you how to do a jetlog (and is boring). These are all cake compared to API.

Primary is supposed to take about 6 months but of course that varies. i'm going to finish primary in close to a year.

SNA's (at least when i went to API) picked where they wanted to go. If you want to move faster Whiting is the place so it seems. When I chose Texas i classed up for API much faster and most do not go to Vance.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I highly suspect that the NSSes next to the test scores are for that particular test, because I saw nothing remotely approaching a cumulative trend in mine. And all the people who got 100's on each test had the same NSS listed, which varied from 60-something to 70.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Dunno but the "average" class average is 91-point-something percent, I believe. Just shoot for 100s, or at LEAST 95%. You may not always get them but don't worry about "average." Worry about kicking the butt of the test you are studying for.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Want to know what happens if you get an 80% on all the tests in API???

NOTHING! Yes you may draw some unwanted attention your way, and probably increase your stress level, but you will not attrite or have a rougher time in Primary. Not one instructor in primary ever asked about API scores and it is not used in the computation for NSS out of Primary (which is where it matters).

yenlig

A friend at TW-4 said that during his welcome aboard brief, the CO told them that API accounts for 15% of his total score. It's just gouge, so believe it at your own risk, but disbelieve at your own risk as well.

Personally, I'm headed to Vance in a few weeks. I get to fly a cool plane, but that's about the only nice thing about it.

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
Capt. Robinson (Marine), the Aero dept head at API, said that if any Marines come through API and are marginal performers they are out. Period. No questions asked. According to him "If a Marine comes through here and gets 80's across the board...he his gone." Take it for what it is worth....but if I were a Marine going through API I would make sure my ducks were in a row. I heard this with my own ears.....Scare tactic or truth...who knows.

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
Does anyone have a definite answer as to whether or not API counts for your NSS? I appreciate all of the hear-say but does anyone know 100% for sure either way?

beau

As far as the hardest API test.......most would say Nav I would say........

Primary is easy for ground........I just finished Weather today ..........

CPTs (Sims) start Friday for a week (one a day) and are a pain from what I hear........basically you have to memorize all your EPs, everything in the cockpit (not hard once you've studied it), and be able to Read and execute all the ground checklists by the end of them (CPTs)..........which I'm almost there (still the weekend is going to suck for me, trying to get ready)

Then FAMs ...........yeah!!! .........man it has been a long time coming.......remember postin here in 2000 about wanting to be where I am right now!! Time flys.......what the hell am I doing on this site when i should be studying??? :)

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
Beau, that is awesome. Good luck with everything. I hope that I can say the same in a couple of years.

airwinger

pilot
Even as late as jet intermediates, there are three NSS's computed; an academic score, a flight one and an overall one. The overall one does nothing for you but the two seperate ones count for your final jet NSS and platform selection. Luckily here they tell you more about what counts and what doesn't.

Why do I bring this up, because when I went through primary we got the 15% API 15% primary ground school and 70% flight. What that did for you was an overall NSS, but the ONLY one that counted for pipeline selection was the flight grade. Now as far as commodores list/with distinction, they used the overall score.

semper fi.

Status
Not open for further replies.