• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone know this guy?

Carno

Insane
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knows Ronald W. Hansrote? He's a professor at Florida Institute of Technology, and he always tells these questionable stories, like this morning when he said he used to fly F-8 Crusader's at 80,000 feet :)rolleyes:). Based on the stories he tells, he's the most qualified pilot living and he has had every kind of aviation job imaginable..

Anyways, he does have a public profile, so I didn't think there would be a problem using his name on the internet...
Here's his school profile: Faculty profile

So, anyone know anything about him?

I'm not trying to bash the guy, he's an okay professor, he's just a little heavy on the uhh... embellishment

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
from his profile:

Doc America said:
... " 1964 US Naval School of Aviation/Training Command- Naval Flight Surgeon/Aviator/Carrier Qualified/Fighter Pilot-Jet/ Fighter Weapons School ...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
A4s, are you calling Bull or NoBull on this?
You could look at it either way ... it's Bull ... or we don't have time for any Bull herein ... I thought fewer words would be better, but look at me now ...

A4s smiley ... time for limes and a cigar. It's sunny in that boring, boring place ... NUW. I love boring ...

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Embellishment, hell! That must have been the little-known SF-8W from Project Galaga, the Navy's hush-hush research project testing the viablity of carrier-launched space fighters. I'm surprised he can mention that project in public without being abducted by men in black suits and shades. What he may have failed to mention was that Project Galaga, while unsuccesful on it's own right, did lead to the offshoot development of a carrier-borne space fighter, pictured here:

Attachments

• veritech.gif
    veritech.gif
    9.6 KB · Views: 219

Carno

Insane
Well I looked it up this morning when I got home from school, and the service ceiling of the F-8 was 58,000 ft, and 60,000 ft for the Crusader III. I knew it was BS immediately after he said it.

He also told us a story of when he was an air ambulance pilot and experienced explosive decompression in a Citation 500. After telling the story he said, "It was a good thing that I was a fighter pilot, otherwise we never would have made it." :icon_tong

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Well I looked it up this morning when I got home from school, and the service ceiling of the F-8 was 58,000 ft, and 60,000 ft for the Crusader III. I knew it was BS immediately after he said it.

He also told us a story of when he was an air ambulance pilot and experienced explosive decompression in a Citation 500. After telling the story he said, "It was a good thing that I was a fighter pilot, otherwise we never would have made it." :icon_tong

We need to send in an Airwarriors intervention team. Wouldn't it be fun to have some real fighter pilots sit in on a class...

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Everyone knows Fighter Pilots are not susceptible to hypoxia. We're super human and don't need O2.

donnyglaze

Professors love to make things up and exaggerate things. I once had a prof that claimed that Sachel Paige could throw a 150 mph fastball...

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
What is it with bvll****ters...I don't get it. If you are going to claim something that you didn't do, then at least make it believable! Do they think they are impressing people? It doesn't take a subject matter expert to know that most jets can't get close to 80,000 feet and the people that catch on to the lies will undermine whatever credibility Mr. Bvll**** once had.

OneOddGuy

Mrs. Crossdressing USA 2003 and 2005
That guy's articles makes me want to kill myself...

"Permeability of Rat Liver Microsomes to Sucrose & Carboxypolyglucose in Vitro" Is that even a real sentence??

Reminds me of a teacher I had in high school. So full of sh1t, it was embarrasing.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
80,000 feet? Yeaaaah, doubtful.

Not at all coming to the defense of the good Doctor, I simply do not know, and thus I do not know.

80,000 feet does sound doubtful, the service ceiling on the later F-8's was 60,000, huge difference. However, just before I left the Navy in '73, I was somewhat involved in program in which NASA was using the F-8 in some exotic testing, super hush-hush at the time. NASA in cooperation with the Navy, created a Fly-by-Wire aircraft using the F-8C and they were doing some testing, proof of concept, if you will, of the shuttle returning as a glider.

For what ever it is worth. Now, back to my Old Parr and a Partagus:icon_smil

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Not at all coming to the defense of the good Doctor, I simply do not know, and thus I do not know.

80,000 feet does sound doubtful, the service ceiling on the later F-8's was 60,000, huge difference. However, just before I left the Navy in '73, I was somewhat involved in program in which NASA was using the F-8 in some exotic testing, super hush-hush at the time. NASA in cooperation with the Navy, created a Fly-by-Wire aircraft using the F-8C and they were doing some testing, proof of concept, if you will, of the shuttle returning as a glider.

For what ever it is worth. Now, back to my Old Parr and a Partagus:icon_smil

He must have been one s**t-hot flight surgeon to be selected for the program :D