• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone know this guy?

MasterBates

AOA not so much of a concern here. I may have brain dumped that.

I was thinking it was some high speed low drag LawnDart terminology.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I dont think Mefesto has an appreciation for the classics. You show him the purity of guns and he counters with the march of progress. Yes the AIM-9X is a great capability but it is just another robot that will be launched by one highly trained man against another. The bullets that the F-8 relied on were not very different from the rounds Richtofen used to achieve his kills or Hartman or Gabrieski you see where I am going with this, from there on out missiles i.e robots became the norm.

Technology is great and all but it's not the same, guess that is why they say "no kill like a guns kill"

One Helo guys perspective

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I dont think Mefesto has an appreciation for the classics. ......Technology is great and all but it's not the same, guess that is why they say "no kill like a guns kill"....
I wish skidkid was my son or (daughter) ... so much truth herein .... :)

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Have we had any gun kills since Vietnam?

I know there was at least one A-10 that shredded the hell out of an Iraqi helo in Desert Storm. They could not identify the helo from the wreckage, it was so pulverized.

At the bottom of this there is a list of A-10 kills. Note the "helicopter" ones are air-to-air.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Have we had any gun kills since Vietnam?
The picture's changed boys ... fighters are fighters .... guns are guns ... kills are kills.

STUDS ARE STUDS .... and the rest ????

YOU ALL WISH YOU HAD BEEN THERE !!!!! ... YOU ALL WISH YOU COULDA/SHOUDA .... ANYONE WHO DENIES THIS ... IS A LIAR.

And we all know it .... :)

Believe it. :)

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Most qualified pilot my a$$,

I had THIS baby up to Mach 3 the other day!

Attachments

• p-3.jpg
    p-3.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 120

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wonder how whatever country owns that particular Orion feels about that?
Its not a U.S. P-3

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
I'm bored so wh@t the he!!. Thanks for the template. I'll let you know what his response is, if he responds.