• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone heard about the NROTC scholarship 2009-2010?

sarapatty08

I applied for the NROTC scholarship in December and I still haven't heard anything if I have been accepted or rejected. It is late April and the application status page stated that I should know in April. Is there a chance that they would tell me in May? If I don't receive the scholarship they will send me something right? When did you guys find out when you received your scholarship?

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
I am still waiting to hear back from mine, I didn't app online, but directly at school. Last word I heard (and according to the instruction) It will be around the end of the month, first week of May. There is a rumor I heard about the 27th. But that's just speculation. Can't wait for the waiting game to be over.

sarapatty08

Ya, I will so relieved once the waiting game is over its so nerve racking not knowing. What colleges are on your choice list? Mine are Loyola University, University of Houston, University of Washington, University of Colorado, and Oregon State University.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
I didn't find out until late May, I think. Also, keep in mind that if the Navy says something will happen in April, you can pretty much count on it happening any time other than April. :)

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
Well for 2yr app's I know it wont be late may...it HAS to be next week at the latest because NSI starts on the 23rd or 25th I forget which. Just wish they'd hurry up so I know if I can sign up for summer semester or not. =/ Not that I am complaining or anything lol.. Just kinda wrecks any advance planning

swerdna

None
Contributor
Ya, I will so relieved once the waiting game is over its so nerve racking not knowing. What colleges are on your choice list? Mine are Loyola University, University of Houston, University of Washington, University of Colorado, and Oregon State University.

I go to the University of Washington, let me know if you have any questions.

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
Tommorow is the alleged rumor day so I will let everyone know if I hear anything. I suspect it will be Friday though

Vegas

AH-1Z
pilot
My friend across the hall decided to apply for NROTC instead of PLC and hes saying that he should here by the 1st of May.

sarapatty08

I hope it is soon considering a lot of Universities are asking for a deposit for enrollment due to the National Deposit Deadline. Does anyone know if there is an acceptation to this deadline if you are awaiting the scholarship, considering the scholarship determines which school I will attend.

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
Im sure you will be alright in regards to a Tuition deposit deadline. Unfortunately that is the way of the beast and one of the first things you learn in the navy or military in general is hurry up and wait. Like I said and it was said a few times before we should no doubt hear something this week.

I know the NAVADMIN for the 2yr said that units will know NLT the 30th of their selections. And from what I heard on this site as well as a few others the final board for 4yr should be roughly the same date if not sooner this week.

Trust me the waiting game sucks..We all know lol.. I do not have the issue with the deposit like you but I do work full time as well as want to take courses during the summer so I am in the same boat as far as time constraint... I need to know if I can take courses or I am going to RI for NSI.. Not to mention give my employer notice I will not be working there anymore, but also request a conditional out from the reserves. But like I said earlier I have a very good feeling we will find out this week :D

sarapatty08

Still no word today however, I did receive an email from a Candidate Guidance Officer(CGO) with the Selection and Placement Division of the NROTC Scholarship Program in Pensacola, Florida. His email entailed another scholarship opportunity call the HBCU (historically black college and university) scholarship. It is exactly like the 4 yr. NROTC scholarship but you have to attend one of the Historically Black Universities. Has anyone else received an email concerning this or is currently on the HBCU scholarship?