• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anybody who had a tough time in primary do well in advanced care to share his secret?

MasterBates

It was a way of life for LSO's in the TRACOM, anywhere on the West Coast, and @ CUBI ....

After spending 3-4 hours at the end of the runway ... what do you think we did ??? Carry colostomy bags ... ??? :)

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh. We peeeeeeed on the runway. :)

2382.jpg

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Capt Ron. Hang in there. I had 1 UNSAT in primary, and like 3 marginals.

When I got to the HTs, I kept up the momentum with the studying and preparing for HOPS, focusing on nailing the brief and letting the flights work themselves out. Never got a single marginal or UNSAT in Advanced and probably did a bit better than average.

The way I view military flight proficiency, is that if you work hard, we can ALL (in general) get to the same baseline level of proficiency. The guys who ROCK flight school get it from the start. The slow guys like me are just as good, but it takes the year or two to wings to finally "get it". I would say early on in the HTs, it just "clicked" for me and by the time I had gotten my instrument rating and was nearing wings, I felt VERY confident as an aviator and finally getting to fly with other studs on solos and stuff, really made me more confident because I got to see "where I stood" with respect to proficiency and skill with respect to other students. I'm no rockstar but I definitely feel like I deserve to wear the wings and that I'm a perfectly competent BASICALLY trained aviator.

Keep plugging away and I wouldn't be surprised to hear you rocked advanced. Keep looking at the light at the end of the tunnel, and realize that at EVERY step of the way in your career, just as soon as you feel comfortable and that you're "getting" it finally, they will raise the bar on you. As well they should. We should always strive to be better and the BEST. We are professional Naval Aviators. :)

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I just read the posts guys. Very encouraging to hear people vouch for the underdogs.

Most everyone gets it eventually Ron....don't worry about it. From what I saw of it while in primary there, Corpus and the multi engine program seemed really laid back (in the best possible way). Give yourself a big pat on the back for just making it through Vance, and enjoy your freedom!