• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another reason to avoid the Norfolk

MasterBates

That is fvcking retarded. I can see a LOT of "improper signaling" tickets being written..

Follow the $$. I bet his firm gets a lot of people trying to fight it as clients.

speeddypat

None
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Driving as little as 15 MPH over the limit on an interstate highway now brings six license demerit points, a fine of up to $2500, up to one year in jail, and a new mandatory $1050 tax"

That is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard!!
[/FONT]

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Driving as little as 15 MPH over the limit on an interstate highway now brings six license demerit points, a fine of up to $2500, up to one year in jail, and a new mandatory $1050 tax"

That is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard!!
[/FONT]

Why is that ridiculous? If that's a way that VA thinks it can raise money, good for them.

What is ridiculous is the obvious conflict of interest by the bill's sponsor.

Sly1978

Living the Dream
pilot
Why is that ridiculous? If that's a way that VA thinks it can raise money, good for them.

What is ridiculous is the obvious conflict of interest by the bill's sponsor.

Why is a $2500 fine, a year in prison, and a $1050 tax for going 15 MPH over ridiculous?!?! Good thing you're on the east coast, grandma. If you ever find yourself in San Diego, I dare you to try to go slower than 15 over.

If Texas had that law, I would have spent my entire college career behind bars and broke (instead of in bars and broke).

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
I use to just want to be stationed in San Diego. Now I will fight to the death to not be stationed in Norfolk.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Why is a $2500 fine, a year in prison, and a $1050 tax for going 15 MPH over ridiculous?!?! Good thing you're on the east coast, grandma. If you ever find yourself in San Diego, I dare you to try to go slower than 15 over.

Well thanks, I was born and raised in CA, went to the RAG in SD and I don't live in VA.

If Texas had that law, I would have spent my entire college career behind bars and broke (instead of in bars and broke).

Oh boo hoo, you would be punished for breaking the law.

VA got together and decided that is what was best for them. You sound like a liberal, you think you know what is best for everyone else. Maybe you have been hanging with the Hollywood lefties for a little too long.

Obviously, the real issue is that the normal process was subverted by a self-serving politician.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
The issue is that most people would feel that $3,000 is an EXCESSIVE fine for speeding.

And to think I was pissed over a ~$200 ticket here in Santa Rosa County, FL... if I got a three thousand dollar ticket... I think my head would explode in pure rage.

I just can't drive 55... or 45 for that matter.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I don't see how failing to signal or speeding should equal passing a school bus, which I presume means passing a stopped school bus with it's lights flashing and stop sign out while letting kids off.

It's ridiculous. I also read that because it's a tax, it's only applicable to Virginia residence. All you tax refugees have nothing to worry about.

nicknight

Police usually bring down speeding tickets for military personel.... I saw my buddy get pulled over going 125 in a 65 and get it reduced to 85 just because he used both his license and military ID. The only thing with this Idea seems that if you have no prior traffic offenses and you accidently get clocked speeding you lose your license and go to jail... all to get more revenue? That is what makes it "rediculous" in my opinion.

Kycntryboy

pilot
Yeah you wouldn't have to worry about the $1000 tax, just the $2,500 fine, I'm guessing an and/or year in jail
my theory: LSU beats the shit out of VTech and their whole world goes out of whack
There is nothing liberal about speeding
I guess its then "conservative" to drive like crap in the left lane doing the speed limit (if that) that infuriates me.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
Police usually bring down speeding tickets for military personel.... I saw my buddy get pulled over going 125 in a 65 and get it reduced to 85 just because he used both his license and military ID. The only thing with this Idea seems that if you have no prior traffic offenses and you accidently get clocked speeding you lose your license and go to jail... all to get more revenue? That is what makes it "rediculous" in my opinion.

Yeah your buddy got a break, most cops don't care... I've been pulled over in uniform barely breaking the speed limit and gotten a ticket with no reduction in fine whatsoever... be forewarned, most locals aren't going to give a shit what you do for a living, they only see dollar signs and out of state tags.

Kycntryboy

pilot
Dude if your in the military and haven't changed your residency to FL for the no tax, then you are wrong. (Unless you come from a state without income tax)

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Yeah you wouldn't have to worry about the $1000 tax, just the $2,500 fine, I'm guessing an and/or year in jail
my theory: LSU beats the shit out of VTech and their whole world goes out of whack
There is nothing liberal about speeding
I guess its then "conservative" to drive like crap in the left lane doing the speed limit (if that) that infuriates me.

I am not really sure what you are saying...... but if you are referring to my use of the word liberal, you need to go back and actually read what I wrote.

Speeding <> liberal
People who think they know what is best for everyone else = liberal