• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another nail in the coffin of Old-School Naval Avaition..

Renegade One

None
R-1, be careful now, your cynicism & sarcasm are very similar to another "old salt" who left these boards in a huff !!! Something about things changing and remaining the same, etc . . . . . . :)
I ain't leaving...live with it. If this site is going to continue to be called "AirWarriors" and not "AirWhiners", then some of us burnt-out, "old school" dudes who (apparently) no longer know shit from Shinola [Ed. Note: I prefer Kiwi "Parade Gloss"] are going to stick around, and try and contribute when and where we think we can be relevant to the discourse, if only for "historical perspective". But if you think we're going to stop throwing the "bullshit flag" on flagrant mis-plays...well, have a nice day.
"I've drunk more beer and pissed more blood, banged more quiff and busted more ass, than all you numbnuts put together." [Pop culture reference: Heartbreak Ridge]

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I ain't leaving...live with it. If this site is going to continue to be called "AirWarriors" and not "AirWhiners", then some of us burnt-out, "old school" dudes who (apparently) no longer know shit from Shinola...

Ah... great fellow retired war chief, our young bucks grow restless & snappish...it has always been so in the warrior tribes. Today, they are overburdened with rules & restrictions, 'diversity' & conduct lectures, an eye-popping array of different combinations of warrior/working dress makes it impossible to determine tribal affiliation by attire. Mistakes are not tolerated, and "no no's" abound. Good heavens, great Chiefs such as Geronimo, Crazy horse, and Sitting Bull & could never have risen to their positions in this era.

Our honored "war bags & jackets" are severely limited as to where they can be worn, what warrior badges can be displayd on them, and precisely where. Several centuries of time-honored traditions have been eroded or banned. :(

All this and more, would also have made us a bit cranky & cynical "back in the day"! Our young Braves are today....what we were yesterday. When the war drums beat, they will be there and ready.. as we were, and they will do us proud! :)

The great cycle of change continues to be the same (re. A4s, AWOL since 05/24/'12 )!
BzB

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Wy do people have such a tough time with grammar? This left-shoulder/right-shoulder discussion of patches isn't difficult if one has even a simple understanding of word choice and relative position in a sentence. There doesn't need to be any sea-lawyering (by armies or not) with the way it is written. I don't understand... Does anyone care to inform me why this is seemingly complicated by some folks (be it CPOs, SWOs, or P-3 guys)?

Hey now, below the belt.

anymouse69

Any thoughts on the new paragraph of NAVADMIN 164/12

"A Weapons school patch (if authorized) shall be worn on the right shoulder only"

Does this mean that crew positional patches are not even authorized anymore???

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor

"A Weapons school patch (if authorized) shall be worn on the right shoulder only"

Note: if you read it, it clearly states that the weapon school patch may only be worn on the right shoulder. Therefore, the weapons school patch can not be worn anywhere else. This does not preclude any other type of patch being worn on the right shoulder. It does not exclude other patches from being worn. Do a sentence analysis and please, tell me what the subject of that sentence is.

anymouse69

I should have clarified my statement. I'm not confused about what this states - but I can see how certain members of our leadership could read this and conclude (as the VP community did from Statesman's post) that this is the only

In addition, this new NAVADMIN over-writes certain parts of the last NAVADMIN, but not all of them. So, are we now to only wear right shoulder positionally qualified patches? If so, why specify where the weapons school patch (*an ATCT level patch) should be worn if it's already stated in the last message?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
My "seriously" was about how what you're asking has been the point of discussion for the last 5 pages.

Also, this NAVADMIN is a little different when it comes to patches. The last one specified post-graduate level training. This one just comes right out and mentions WTI patches. If you go back and read about 10 pages, back, you'll see the explaination on why they're signaled out. Short-answer: because the TACAIR guys would wear them on the left. That upset someone, apparently.

As for worrying about your crew positional patches...that's something you VP guys get wrapped up on. I'm sure whatever you guys come up with, it will involve making the patches as large as possible.

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
As for worrying about your crew positional patches...that's something you VP guys get wrapped up on. I'm sure whatever you guys come up with, it will involve making the patches as large as possible.

Still waiting for my 7-inch "TCC WSO" positional patch.

anymouse69

Cool, I was specifically referring to the NAVADMIN that was posted on NPC as of 8 am today.

I also liked the response "if you read it, it clearly states" - I've won many an argument with a CO/XO/Commodore/Chief/Senior Chief using that line of reasoning. *note heavy sarcasm*

My "seriously" was about how what you're asking has been the point of discussion for the last 5 pages.

Also, this NAVADMIN is a little different when it comes to patches. The last one specified post-graduate level training. This one just comes right out and mentions WTI patches. If you go back and read about 10 pages, back, you'll see the explaination on why they're signaled out. Short-answer: because the TACAIR guys would wear them on the left. That upset someone, apparently.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor

Remember this rule: "Unless it's specifically prohibited, then it's authorized."