• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AMEX Platinum

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
Got the card in mid January using the 100k point bonus, and asked for the military deal last week. Today I got both the fee refunded (myself and the wife) as well as the 100k bonus. Had no problem getting the customer service agent to refund the fees.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
So lucky with the fees. I'm calling again when we are done with this frakkibg PCS. I have had trouble getting them refunded.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
So lucky with the fees. I'm calling again when we are done with this frakkibg PCS. I have had trouble getting them refunded.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

My refund of the fees took the Max time of 90 days. But it did eventually come through...

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
My refund of the fees took the Max time of 90 days. But it did eventually come through...
I didn't count the days, but the refund eventually posted. It was a pleasant surprise given that I had been charging all of my business travel on the card.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I honestly don't know if Amex is still running the promotions for getting their Platinum card, but I have to give more praise for their benefits for travelers. Taking advantage of the Global Entry fee credit ($100), which helps getting through lines domestically and returning to the country if you are a traveler. Additionally, the extra $200 in airline fees (bags, purchases on board) for your designated airline (Delta in my case) are excellent.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
The Global Entry is also part of the TSA pre-check. More and more airports are now following this even if they don't have dedicated lines for it. You can keep on light jackets and shoes to go through security. It makes it so much faster even after standing in normal lines! I love it. With all of the traveling I do for my civilian work, this makes it somewhat more fun.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Check your emails, AA and UA lounge access will stop 22 Mar 2014. Supposedly something is being negotiated by AMEX as an offset for travelers, according to the rumor mill. If I wasn't getting the annual fee waived for AD status, I would cancel, but with no fee plus the other benefits, it's worth keeping, for now.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Check your emails, AA and UA lounge access will stop 22 Mar 2014. Supposedly something is being negotiated by AMEX as an offset for travelers, according to the rumor mill. If I wasn't getting the annual fee waived for AD status, I would cancel, but with no fee plus the other benefits, it's worth keeping, for now.
AMEX is making their own "Centurion Lounges" at various airports just for AMEX cardholders, so that may be the plan for the future. I stopped at the one in DFW, and it was much nicer than the US Airways club at PHX I have been to in the past. If they make enough of the new lounges it will work out pretty much the same.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The problem is that it will take a loooooooong time to build those lounges. They have one at DFW and one in Vegas, right?

jmcquate

Contributor
This is the email AMEX sent.

We are writing to give you advance notice of changes to your travel benefits and remind you about other valuable features of your Platinum Card.

As of March 22, 2014, Platinum Card Members will no longer receive complimentary access to American Airlines® Admirals Club lounges and US Airways® Club locations.
122812_AMEX_service_spacer1.gif

We recognize the inconvenience this may cause. However, you will continue to have access to a large network of airport lounges, including complimentary access to:

•Delta Sky Clubs®1
•Priority Pass™ Select2 membership for entry to more than 600 participating airport lounges worldwide
•Airspace Lounges™3 at select airports in New York (JFK), Cleveland, and Baltimore

New Complimentary Access to The CenturionSM Lounge4

While partners and benefits may change over time, we remain dedicated to enhancing your travel experiences. With this in mind, we are pleased to announce that you now have unlimited, complimentary access to The Centurion Lounge in two locations:

•Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
•Las Vegas McCarran International Airport

The Centurion Lounge is a premier airport lounge space exclusively for American Express® Card Members, with signature services and amenities designed to exceed your expectations. Each lounge features seasonal fare created by renowned chefs, signature cocktails, curated wine lists, Member Services and other special features. We look forward to opening additional locations in the future.

Additional Exclusive Travel Benefits

We would like to remind you of these exclusive travel benefits:

•$200 Airline Fee Credit.5 Offset airline incidental fees such as airport lounge day passes, baggage fees, and flight-change fees.* Enroll by selecting American Airlines, US Airways, or one of eight other eligible domestic airlines and receive up to $200 a year in credits for incidental fees charged by the airline to your Platinum Card.

*American Express relies on accurate airline transaction data to identify incidental fee purchases. If you do not see a credit for a qualifying incidental purchase on your enrolled Card after 4 weeks, simply call the number on the back of your Card. See terms & conditions for more details.

•Save time and bypass arrival lines6 at most major U.S. airports when you return from international travel. Global Entry is a U.S. government program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved travelers. When you use your eligible Platinum Card to apply for Global Entry membership, we'll credit the application fee. Card Members can receive one $100 credit every 5 years for an application fee charged to each eligible Card. Additional Cards tied to Centurion and Platinum Cards are also eligible for the $100 statement credit. To receive the credit, the application must be charged on the Additional Card.

•Pay no foreign transaction fees on purchases while traveling internationally.

We hope you continue to take advantage of all the benefits that make your Platinum Card a valuable resource when you travel.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
United is still a go. The new AA lounges are out and that includes USA.
Centurion lounges are supposed to be really nice. They are being compared to overseas airport lounges in terms of amenities and what is included. I know in the DFW lounge they throw in spa treatments. I am hitting it up the next time I fly.
I just got my $200 in airline gift cards since I didn't use my incidentals credit this year. Just went on AA.com and ordered 2 $100 gift cards. The credit showed up about 4 days later.