• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

American Fighter Pilot video

Fezz CB said:
Just purchased it on amazon. I hope I didnt just waste $16.89 on a potential frisbee :D

I't free if you apply for an amazon credit card; they will give a $30 credit that you can use at the same time you apply.

Venom-0

Eagle Driver
Yes indeed. No one tells you that or atleast I didn't know until I started kicking and pushing for myself. I was opted to go Air Force Reserve but stumbled upon ANG. Most of their pilots are prior fighter guys (even some Navy fighter jocks). Then come some of the prior enlisted from various ANG units who qualify to become officers and pilots. However, each ANG unit is required to hire certain amount for pilot each year either off the street or in my case, from a totally different branch (however I did have to get an honorable discharge and there's no such thing as interservice transfer when to comes to ANG). The whole process took just about a month and with good timing, I got picked up by the SL unit. You can go to their site and find out which ANG unit is hiring.
Yes you get picked to go to a certain platform but you have to finish the AF UPT (T-6 and T-38). By the way, don't chat with one of those ****ing retired guys cause they'll tell you that you can't do it. I called that unit everyday, sometimes twice a day until the Major over there got fed up with me and told me to go take the AFOQT and transfer my transcript to them. Had an interview just about 1.5 weeks ago at the FLANG unit in Jacksonville by the board. Got a letter 2 days ago saying that I was accepted for UPT. At first I was told that I might end up flying a desk for a year or two before I get picked up but I guess it was just good luck and good timing.
Also, for all the FY04 guys out there who are being booted for having an A-minus average, DON'T LET ONE PERSON TELL YOU THAT YOU CANNOT GO MARINES or whatever else. If you want it bad enough, you'll have to show initiative and do it yourself. Call the damn AFRES unit at Eglin, find out which ANG units are hiring and hell, even if they aren't hiring pilots, do fly a desk for a year or two cause it's worth it flying one of the Ealges or Vipers. I also went forward and got my PPL while I was waiting to class up for API building upon my IFS time. (This was a definite plus on my application). So first, talk to all the people you can...take the AFOQT, BAT test, and Air Force PFT. Oh yeah, those FY04 guys who are thinking of going NFO for the hopes of that NFO to Pilot transition, DON'T....
Oh yeah, knowing an Air Force Colonel and having a Navy Commander write a letter on your behalf also helps;)....

Cyclic

Behold the Big Iron
Wow, awesome congrats, tough thing though is having to find a job until a permanent slot comes around.

Venom-0

Eagle Driver
Well, throughout UPT and RTU...It's active status and getting paid as such. After that I'm told that you can become activated within your squadron (not always available) and if not, then every month you're required to fly a minimum of 6 hours in 4 sorties or more to retain currency. I'm told that most of the ANG Viper Drivers fly more then some of the Active Duty AF 16 guys, don't know about the situation with the Eagle guys though.

Ajax

2nd Inc. India Co. 2nd PLT. 2005
awesome! are you going to fly the C model?? Anyway, that's a great story you have; I guess your separation from the Navy was a blessing in disguise. Congrats on your new gig!

Venom-0

Eagle Driver
Ajax said:
awesome! are you going to fly the C model?? Anyway, that's a great story you have; I guess your separation from the Navy was a blessing in disguise. Congrats on your new gig!

Yes, I don't think that the ANG utilizes the Strike Eagle. Just the Charlie model. However, I love those and am happy to be get picked. I would've preferred Viper just because of the mission but there weren't any openings when I applied. Don't get me wrong, I'm so happy with the C. Just hope I can deal with the AF UPT but knowing the reward at the end, I'm going to do my best.

RevnR6

Getting Closer and Closer by the minute
Lonestar155 said:
ben bostrom is a great rider. BY THE WAY ANYONE GOING TO MOTO GP!

I will be there. Are you going as well. PM me your cell number if you are and maybe we can meet up. I am thinking about flying a cessna into town.

RevnR6

Getting Closer and Closer by the minute
Hey speaking of flying in there, what is a good airport to use in that area? I havent had a chance to pick up the chart. Thanks guys.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
I just received the DVD pack a couple days ago. Pretty cool documentary. I'm only on the 5th episode and they just finished their first solo in the F-15.

I recommend everyone rent it/buy it. Although its airforce, the flying is pretty awesome.

Grant

Venom-0 said:
Yes, I don't think that the ANG utilizes the Strike Eagle. Just the Charlie model.

I believe that the ANG still flies some F-15A/B's, in addition to F-15C/D's?

The ANG process for pilot selection seems to be a "good ole' boy" system, but if someone can land a slot, sounds like a real sweet deal.