• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

American Fighter Pilot video

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
If you remember a couple of years ago, the series "American Fighter Pilot" aired, and got shot down after just a couple of episodes. I just wanted to let the "I wanna fly jets" guys know that it's now available on DVD on amazon.com.

Disclaimer: It's Air Force Pilot Training in the F-15 RAG....watch at your own risk!!!! ;)

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
cool airplane footage is always worth buying... just turn off the sound if it gets weird/bad. ;)

RevnR6

Getting Closer and Closer by the minute
Cause he is a good rider I am sure. Speaking of which, I think I am going to go for a little midnight ride. Woot Woot.. here comes the pain train!! :D

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
this reminds me of a special I saw on TV about 2 years ago called "The Road to Top Gun: The making of a Navy Fighter pilot". It was basically a documentary on T-45 Students. It was really good, but since then I havnt been able to find any reference to it anywhere.

Ajax

2nd Inc. India Co. 2nd PLT. 2005
Hey I bought it at my local PX for about 14 and watched it and it was pretty good, it was nice to see the different students as they went through training and the different airplane and simulator footage.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
When I think of "Great" riders still racing I'd have to go with Mladin or Rossi. They are at the top of their games and dominate everyone else in their respective series. Great riders of the past would be a Polen, Rainey, Schwantz, Doohan, Roberts (sr.), Lawson, Spencer etc... There are plenty of "above average" riders. This is where I'd place Ben, Yates, EBoz, Disalvo, Zemke, and most of the other factory riders. Duhamel would be in between the Greats and above average as would Nicky Hayden and a few others. The above average riders are good but have not had the consistency needed to become great. Dont get me wrong, Ben is a nice guy, but a Great rider? I must disagree.

edit: Sorry about the rant, I misread Awesome as great. So, compared to the average street guy or even most racers, I'd agree he is awesome. He kicked my arse when we raced together. So...... I'd give Ben a thumbs up for being a talented rider, he is just missing that little extra in consistency needed to make it into the next bracket.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
RetreadRand said:
american Fighter Pilot was about the Air Force...a 1 hour show...45 mins of briefs with 15 mins of flying...or something like that.

That ratio of brief to flight time sounds about right lol.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
theblakeness said:
this reminds me of a special I saw on TV about 2 years ago called "The Road to Top Gun: The making of a Navy Fighter pilot". It was basically a documentary on T-45 Students. It was really good, but since then I havnt been able to find any reference to it anywhere.

This is occasionally shown on the Military channel. It was a good little documentary.

riley

I remember taping the show "American Fighter Pilot" - I think only three episodes aired. I was cleaning up my place and found the tapes recently. I realized why the show was canceled. They tried too hard to make it into a reality "Top Gun" show. The editing made the show about as bad as Iron Eagle II.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
D_mac05 said:
If you remember a couple of years ago, the series "American Fighter Pilot" aired, and got shot down after just a couple of episodes. I just wanted to let the "I wanna fly jets" guys know that it's now available on DVD on amazon.com.

Disclaimer: It's Air Force Pilot Training in the F-15 RAG....watch at your own risk!!!! ;)

Just purchased it on amazon. I hope I didnt just waste $16.89 on a potential frisbee :D

kelly

D_macs Wife
I found it pretty neat to watch, it was worth the 17.00. Yes it is AF, but for all you "jet guys" I am sure you will get into it too. My husband and I watched it all within a couple of days. It is neat how they show the progress of the guys, and the stresses of the training.