• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

All things MV-22 Osprey

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I always thought they worked a little bit better if you wore them.

I've talked to some grunts who claimed to be quite happy just to be sitting on them back in the day. They said that AK rounds had a nasty habit of coming up thru the deck of CH46's in Viet Nam.

hscs

pilot
Don't know how good it will do -- I have seen AK rounds go through the cabin floor and into the main transmission.........

The Cow

pilot
Muted MV-22 Coverage

Senator Obama, on this week's tour of the Middle East, flew in an Osprey from LZ Washington (yes, the MV-22 can get in that zone), then to Ramadi, and on to Jordan. No other A/C can do that. The fact that this was a non-event says it all.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Nice! Way to go 162!!!! It was a non-event indeed then. This is usually the kind of stuff reserved for the AFSOC boys out of Hurlburt - with maybe a MH-53J or something.

Now I wonder if the crew on YS-03 put the seats and soundproofing back in the cabin the way Boeing delivered it, for our friend Mr. Obama! Nasty to see all those wire bundles and oil lines in the cabin!

Yankee Uniform Tango
Now I wonder if the crew on YS-03 put the seats and soundproofing back in the cabin the way Boeing delivered it, for our friend Mr. Obama! Nasty to see all those wire bundles and oil lines in the cabin!

Stupid question: what's the reason for wires being typically exposed in helos - easier access/time-saver for maintenance?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Stupid question: what's the reason for wires being typically exposed in helos - easier access/time-saver for maintenance?

Because sound-proofing is hard to come by and it falls apart over time.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Now I wonder if the crew on YS-03 put the seats and soundproofing back in the cabin the way Boeing delivered it, [/B]

What is this "soundproofing" you're referring to? :) MV-22s come in all their naked glory.

The seats are all crashresistant stroking models. There are no special VIP seats like some other aircraft have.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

Sound proofing and fire don't mix well. Just ask some club owners in Rhode Island and the band Great White.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
What is this "soundproofing" you're referring to? :) MV-22s come in all their naked glory.

The seats are all crashresistant stroking models. There are no special VIP seats like some other aircraft have.

There was a photo series on af.mil that showed the cabin area of AF CV-22 - it appeared to have insulated soundproofing throughout.

The Cow

pilot
Too Small To Get In?

"That's like saying an MV-22 can land on a football field. After all, they're about the same size...."

Yes, I should have added that a TV pundit observed that the LZ was "too small for the MV-22."

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
TV pundits talking about military hardware are the epitome of ignorance. They should realize that if you don't know what you're talking about, you should STFU.