• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

All things MV-22 Osprey

ospreyd0009

Yeah well being part of the CV-22 ITT (Integrated Teat Team) our here at Edwards AFB. I can say that all of the safety of flight software problems have been resolved. Being on the program for as long as I have, i've been through all the bad times with this machine. I'm so glad to see everything we've done to give the Marines and the Air Force a capable warfighting machine finally go operational overseas.

God willing when VMMT-263 deploys this year they have a good deployment, because they will be taking the newest planes in the fleet out into the field.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
I was SDO the day an AF CV-22 came in and did a couple of "touch and goes" at Navy, which is a pretty loose term since it seemed to come nearly to a full stop each time. First time I'd ever seen one--the Marines were really excited, even though it was an AF plane.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
I called it a plane based on the rationale behind a curriculum change I'd heard is coming from a couple of the Marine studs. The Marine curriculum is cut nearly in half from what the Navy or AF kids do (they never do a Contact check/solo, only do a couple BI sims, etc.), and they do roughly half the rotary curriculum too. They're going to expand the curriculum here, though, to include nearly everything, because they're finding it's more turboprop than helicopter, and that's what they want to emphasize.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
That it is...an airplane that lands like a helo, not a helo that flies fast.

...but the correct term is still tiltrotor.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator