• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AIRLINES are Funny (???) DEPARTMENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Ban alcohol on flights?? Maybe it will happen --- as always, it will all come down to money.

But is it really just another "do-something" solution in search of a problem ..... ??? The funny thing is ... if there ever IS legislation "banning" alcohol from commercial flights --- it will follow in the same shameless path set by gun control legislation. LEGISLATORS !!! Make another law and that will fix it the problem. Right?? WRONG !!

EVERY SINGLE ONE of the alcohol-related incidents in my 27 years of experience in the commercial airline business started ..... are you ready??? ON THE GROUND. Not in the air --- the people got on the aircraft half in the bag and were not culled out by ground agents because they "didn't want to get involved". Read: too many lawyers.

And in many other cases, if the pax weren't already kneewalking drunk -- they smuggled booze aboard in order to keep their "buzz" going. Those little bottles are too expensive and there's not enough of 'em for an experienced drunk. Altitude notwithstanding .....

And the pilots??? Same thing --- drinking inside the very generous 12 hour bottle-to-throttle rule -- 1st class Idiots -- they put their career in jeopardy and make all of us look bad ..... But they started on the ground --- and years earlier if the truth be known, but not airborne.

The F/A's are good at counting: they know how to count alimony checks, pilot ex-husbands, and whether or not you are going to buy them dinner. They also know how to count drinks -- and drunks. They don't "overmedicate" airborne. Not on my airplane ...

Taildragger

API-bound!
NWA really oughta start serving the true nectar ambrosia of all beers on all of their flights: NATURAL LIGHT. Maybe it's just because of my cheap, college-bred, binge-drinking habits, but I will put a cold Natty against any beer and I think I will take a Natty just about every time. Bang for your buck? When a case of Natty costs less than $12, I'd say you're set for the nite. Hell, I'll even pour a Natty in a frosty mug every now and then... Natty is your lawn-mowing beer, your dinner beer, your football game beer, and of course, my favorite, the southern Fraternity binge-drinking beer of choice.
nattylight.jpg

Natural Light -- Brewed for a Naturally Smooth Taste...

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Brett327 said:
You mean it's wrong when I fill up my Camel-Back w/ Guinness so I can go out to mow the lawn? ;)

Brett

That depends on whether or not you've got the widgit for the propper air-Guinness ratio installed. If you do, let me know where you got it and/or provide technical specifications, because I want one.

Anyone who'd be that dedicated to their stout deserves a round of applause. Plus, Guinness isn't so much just beer as it is beer and liquified sandwhich together. Kind of like a tasty, foamy power bar for your lawn mowing excursions.

And on a side note: If you like Guinness, try Murphy's (if you haven't already). A damn fine Irish stout in its own right.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
If you like Guinness another good Irish one is Kilkenny, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere in the States, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.