• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AIRLINES are Funny (???) DEPARTMENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
BREAKING NEWS !!!!

1017.jpg
NWA_logo.gif

Northwest Replacing Bud Light With Miller Lite On Flights !!!

dji.gif
... [font=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Thursday May 5, 3:00 PM EDT [/font]

[font=Verdana,Sans-Serif]ST. LOUIS (AP)--Northwest Airlines Corp. (NWAC) has tapped Miller Lite, the nation's No. 2 light beer, to replace top-selling Bud Light on all of its flights world-wide.

Northwest, the nation's fourth-largest airline, said Miller Lite will be phased in aboard Northwest and Northwest Airlink-operated flights over the next several weeks as its inventories of Bud Light are depleted.

Still, Northwest, Eagan, Minn., will continue serving Budweiser by Miller Brewing Co. rival Anheuser-Busch Cos. Inc. (BUD) as its full-calorie beer on all of its flights. Northwest also still will offer various imported brews.

Northwest and Northwest Airlink, which offer beverage service on roughly 2,800 of the 3,012 flights they operate world-wide to 247 cities in 23 countries, expect to buy more than 700,000 cans of Miller Lite a year to be served aboard its 659-aircraft fleet.
Northwest had served Miller Lite on its flights until roughly five years ago, when the airline switched to Bud Light, airline spokesman Kurt Ebenhoch said Thursday.

Among other things, Northwest made the switch because of passenger demand for "increasingly popular" Miller Lite in Milwaukee and Minneapolis, two of Northwest's biggest markets, Ebenhoch said.

With Miller's presence in Milwaukee, "Northwest also wanted to support one of our largest companies in one of our most-important U.S. markets," he said.

[/font]Anheuser-Busch did not immediately return a message left Thursday !!!.:eek:

Shares of Anheuser-Busch fell 16 cents, or 0.3%, to $47.70 in recent trading on the New York Stock Exchange!!! :eek:

Northwest shares rose 1 cent to $4.82 on the Nasdaq Stock Market...... :sleep_125

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ban the booze???

Anyone see a future ban on alcohol on ariliners? :confused:

I figure a few more heavily publicized drunk vs. crew/passenger incidents and we'll see legislation on it. :eek:

700,000 x $3 can = cha-ching :D Hic

bb_1_sbl.JPG

Cheers,
G

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
celebOctoberfest.jpg
NWA_logo.gif

Northwest Air To End Free Pretzels For Coach Passengers

dji.gif
[font=Verdana,Sans-Serif]Friday May 27, 12:09 PM EDT [/font]

[font=Verdana,Sans-Serif]MINNEAPOLIS (AP)--Northwest Airlines passengers who said goodbye to free meals in February at least got free pretzels to console them. Now Northwest is taking the pretzels away, too.

Beginning June 9, coach passengers who want anything other than soda will have to pay for it. They can get a 3-ounce bag of trail mix for $1. Kurt Ebenhoch, a spokesman for Northwest Airlines Corp. (NWAC) said the airline has no immediate plans to stop offering soda for free.

He said pulling the free pretzels should save $2 million a year. Northwest, the nation's fourth-largest airline, lost $458 million in the last quarter alone.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

First the switch to MILLER LITE !!! NOW NO PRETZELS !!! WHAT NEXT ?!?!
MAKE US WALK INSTEAD OF FLY .. ?!?!?! WILL IT NEVER END !!!

die4.jpg
....tHE horror !!! THE HUMANITY !!!

[/font]

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I happen to like Miller Lite, of course I'm originally from Milwaukee too:D

HOORAH

Uncle Sam's Misguided Children
fc2spyguy said:
I happen to hate both, of course I'm from Pittsburgh.
Anyone see a future ban on alcohol on ariliners?
Anyone see prohibition coming back? NO? Then I'd say no.
Kurt Ebenhoch, a spokesman for Northwest Airlines Corp. (NWAC) said the airline has no immediate plans to stop offering soda for free.
Yeah they want people to actually fly with them. "Oh I just paid how much for my flight? I don't get soda to drink for free? Oh this is one of the most dehydrating things to do to your body yet you're making me pay for a soda anyway? Oh, ok. I'll fly Air Tran then, thanks."

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
A4sForever said:
NWA_logo.gif

[font=Verdana,Sans-Serif]...(Kurt Ebenhoch, a spokesman for Northwest Airlines Corp) ... said pulling the free pretzels should save $2 million a year.....

Or --- ONE member of the upper level management "team" could forego their bonus for one year --- same difference .... :)

die4.jpg
..you say forego my bonus ???....THE horror !!! THE HUMANITY !!!

[/font]

dufault.2

Don't toy with me now. I'm hearing Miller lite (boo), but I'm seeing a can of delicious High Life up there. The Champagne is the most underrated beer of all time in my opinion. The airlines could only gain by offering High Life on flights.

I can see it now..."That will be $.50 sir. Exact change is always appreciated."

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
fc2spyguy said:

Do you also enjoy the taste of mildly dirty water? That's what Miller Lite is, mildly dirty water. They should serve Guinness on planes, not crappy brown water. I bet you also like sitting in your garage with the tarp over the entrance with a case of Miller Lite while you and all your friends watch the UH game. That's who drinks Miller Lite.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
HOORAH said:
I happen to hate both, of course I'm from Pittsburgh.

Let me guess... Yeungling, huh? Just please don't mention "Iron City" or **gasp!** "I C Lite". Sorry, but it doesn't get much worse than that crap.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I think I'll stick with Continental for the time being. Video games in most seats in coach, they haven't taken away beer, and they still serve meals at mealtime! Granted, it's all but unrecognizable as actual food as we normally know it, but it's hot, damnit! ...And it does such a nice job of soaking up the alchohol.

Plus, it seems like they have at least one flight attendant who's married to a retired Naval Aviator on board each aircraft. They're friendly, will stand in the isle and talk sh!t to you, and most importantly, they like to give free drinks to military folks. Beats having to be nice to the flaming male attendant, just to get an extra tiny bottle of Jack, any day.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Ryoukai said:
Do you also enjoy the taste of mildly dirty water? That's what Miller Lite is, mildly dirty water. They should serve Guinness on planes, not crappy brown water. I bet you also like sitting in your garage with the tarp over the entrance with a case of Miller Lite while you and all your friends watch the UH game. That's who drinks Miller Lite.

I like Miller Lite, and am pretty well adjusted. I like Guinness, Newcastle, and a thousand more obscure beers, too, but there's a time and place for everything. Hanging out, watching the game, or on a hot day, there's nothing wrong with a mass-produced American beer. Good people like good beer, but nobody likes a beer snob.

BTW, Yeungling is probably the best mass-market beer out there. Plus, cases are $12 or so at Sam's Club.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
phrogdriver said:
I like Miller Lite, and am pretty well adjusted. I like Guinness, Newcastle, and a thousand more obscure beers, too, but there's a time and place for everything. Hanging out, watching the game, or on a hot day, there's nothing wrong with a mass-produced American beer. Good people like good beer, but nobody likes a beer snob.

BTW, Yeungling is probably the best mass-market beer out there. Plus, cases are $12 or so at Sam's Club.

Well said. There are definitely certain times that call for a nice, cheap, light beer. Scenarios involving power tools come to mind, but whatever.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
phrogdriver said:
Good people like good beer, but nobody likes a beer snob..

Fvckin' A. I'm not gonna reach for some BS microbrew or stoudt when I want to sit down and pound Billy Madison style.

"If you don't like it you can go to Russia" - Homer Simpson

phrogdriver said:

I need to get stateside ASAP.

Agree with Shnug on the coming ban of alcohol on flights. One more major incident that can be squarely blamed on alcohol and the ball wil start rolling.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
gaijin6423 said:
Well said. There are definitely certain times that call for a nice, cheap, light beer. Scenarios involving power tools come to mind, but whatever.
You mean it's wrong when I fill up my Camel-Back w/ Guinness so I can go out to mow the lawn? ;)

Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.