• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Airborne Leathers brand G-1 Jackets...

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I've got one from Oxford as well, top notch quality & craftsmanship, and better than the issue ones...

I've got one from Oxford as well, picked it up on a trip to Korea. I second all of phrog's comments and the price was great too. I got mine for $110 or so back in '00. Even at today's price of $190, it's a great deal.

ltedge46

Lost in the machine
None
I couldn't find a direct answer through a seach of the jumbo jacket thread, but has anyone tried or been successful swapping their leather for a new one a few years after getting it issued with supply in Pcola?
I haven't swapped but I did get a new one issued after someone swiped mine on the boat. It's not a tough process, if yours is unserviceable then you should just need to fill out a form with your material control guys, get it signed by the CO and they'll send your old jacket back to P-Cola and get a new one in return. It may take a few months to get it though, supply chain runs slow.

AFUAW

pilot
Anyone know if Oxford is still in business? The website seems to not exist anymore.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I had them mod my jacket back in the day, but fuck them. Given Turkey's current stance on a variety of issues, and the fact that they're roughing up our Sailors, I'm not supporting their economy. Period.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
These guys apparently do good work, I think Brett bought from them.

http://www.popsleather.com/prod_v2.php3?prod=8
I did as well, but the collar ended up a bit John Travolta-esque compared with the issue; been meaning to take mine to a leather shop and get it trimmed a little. And like Brett said, after what's been going down lately, I wouldn't give my business to Turkey today anyhow.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
index.php

Looks like it should come with a set of skinny jeans and a hemp knit watch cap.
Homo.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good luck trying to get a jacket swap done if you're not in a squadron (or somewhere else with MMC types to do the paperwork), though. Mine's huge on me (it was too big to begin with and I've dropped about 20 lbs since).

It is nice and broken in, though, and what the hell, there's room for post-retirement expansion...

P3 F0

None
I did pop's a few years ago and love the jacket. My only complaint is that the cuffs are 1/2" too long. Otherwise, it's fantastic, if you're willing to forego the politics issue.

robav8r

None
Contributor
I recently bought a new G1 from here:

http://www.cockpitusa.com

They gave me a 20% discount if I agreed to send them a picture of me wearing the jacket for their facebook site. The jacket is MUCH nicer than original issue but it is a bit pricey. If you're looking for something to last awhile, this is a good investment . . .