• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AF Honchos Fired

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale
You mean he was good at latching up George?!

Damn straight -- a mans' gotta know his limitations!

Hardly!! He's a FAIP!! (translation to Navy-speak: he's a SERGRAD)

7. May 1981 - October 1981, B-52H student, 4017th Combat Crew Training Squadron, Castle AFB, Calif.
8. October 1981 - October 1982, B-52H aircraft commander, 46th Bomb Squadron, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
9. October 1982 - March 1983, B-52G aircraft commander and instructor pilot, 46th Bomb Squadron, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
10. March 1983 - December 1984, Chief, B-52G Standardization and Evaluation Branch, 319th Bomb Wing, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.

11. January 1985 - June 1985, student, Armed Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
12. June 1985 - March 1986, Chief, European Single Integrated Operational Plan Tactics, Joint Strategic Target Planning Staff, Offutt AFB, Neb.
13. April 1986 - October 1987, executive officer to the SAC Chief of Staff, Headquarters SAC, Offutt AFB, Neb.
14. October 1987 - July 1990, Chief, Nuclear Requirements Cell, SHAPE, Mons, Belgium

15. July 1990 - July 1991, student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
16. July 1991 - July 1993, Deputy Commander, 384th Operations Group, McConnell AFB, Kan.
17. July 1993 - January 1995, Commander, 509th Operations Group, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
18. January 1995 - August 1995, Vice Commander, 509th Bomb Wing, Whiteman AFB, Mo.

19. August 1995 - January 1997, special assistant to the Supreme Allied Commander Europe, SHAPE, Mons, Belgium
20. February 1997 - May 1998, Commander, 28th Bomb Wing, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
21. May 1998 - May 1999, Chief of Staff, U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
22. May 1999 - December 2000, Commander, 2nd Bomb Wing, Barksdale AFB, La.

reading-rainbow.gif

Come on, Huggy! That wonderful NorCal heat getting to you?

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Ok....so who looks like this Romulan??

Attachments

• Tuvok_2377_Big.jpg
    Tuvok_2377_Big.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Obama.jpg
    Obama.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 25

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Anyone notice that the #2 man is a bomber guy? Hopefully the days of the fighter guys ruining the AF are over!

Remember the problems the AF had with the old SAC pilots from WW2 when they became commanders? Fighter tactics took a backseat as the big thing was the deployment of nukes. The true test is going to be whether or not the new commanders can see past their own communities and do what is best for the AF and the military in general. Only time will tell.

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale
Remember the problems the AF had with the old SAC pilots from WW2 when they became commanders? Fighter tactics took a backseat as the big thing was the deployment of nukes. The true test is going to be whether or not the new commanders can see past their own communities and do what is best for the AF and the military in general. Only time will tell.

Very true, but remember the fighter guys shot themselves in the foot by insisting on the larger, heavier fighters/interceptors like the century series, and the F-111. The F-15 was going the same way until Col. Boyd ordered it's redesign. And they never truly learned the lessons of the F-16 and A-10, but that's another story.

In general, I think folks from the heavy communities are more willing to see the bigger picture because there's no way we could ever look ourselves in the mirror and say "I'm the only one here that matters". Unlike some AF communities

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
And they never truly learned the lessons of the F-16 and A-10, but that's another story.

In general, I think folks from the heavy communities are more willing to see the bigger picture because there's no way we could ever look ourselves in the mirror and say "I'm the only one here that matters". Unlike some AF communities

Maybe the money will finally appear to re-engine the A-10s. That program has been consistently cut every year since the early 80s.

I agree with the heavy guy comment. Sometimes those in the support role have the best big picture sense.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
^ As you were....errr, As I was!! He was indeed per wiki....Thanks HJ:)
Both of you choke yourselves. RIGHT NOW!!! :D:D:D

Better yet, go find a woman and have dirty, monkey sex to remind yourselves that you are, in fact, Naval Aviators and not your Magic the Gathering characters.

Love,
Scoob.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Ok....so who looks like this Romulan??
+1 Nowhere in the rules can I find anything against speculating whether a standing US Senator looks like a Romulan or Vulcan. You Sir have found the loophole we have all been waiting for.:D

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
So then, can we look for the F-22 to finally die a quiet death once the new leadership is seated? The AF Fighter Mafia is plenty bad.

The Raptor is all ready in active service. Why would it "die" at this point?

HuggyU2

None
And now, the rest of the story. The NorCal heat is just fine.

LG Fraser's first few assignments:
1. November 1974 - October 1975, student, undergraduate pilot training, Williams AFB, Ariz.
2. October 1975 - March 1976, student, instructor pilot training, Randolph AFB, Texas
3. March 1976 - February 1978, T-37 instructor pilot and T-37 check pilot, 96th Flying Training Squadron, Williams AFB, Ariz.
4. March 1978 - March 1980, T-37 instructor pilot and flight examiner, 82nd Flying Training Wing, Williams AFB, Ariz.
5. March 1980 - October 1980, Operational Support Aircraft Program Element Monitor, Air Staff Training Program, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
6. October 1980 - April 1981, Worldwide Military Command, Control and Communications Program Element Monitor, Air Staff Training Program, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.

FAIP, FAIP, FAIP.
And remember,... FAIP's are hand-picked,... like a booger.

Bevo16

pilot
The Raptor is all ready in active service. Why would it "die" at this point?

I guess that having a star role in "Transformers" and "Iron Man" qualifies as "active service" in the Air Force. :confused:

When they get that pig off the air show circuit and into the war, then talk to me about "active service".