• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Accelerated Program for Primary

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyHigh

DevilDucksGirl,
THanks much for the info.. I am on my way to Corpus as well. Looking forward to it in fact. It sounds like advanced is the way to go. I look forward to the challenge.

Rainman

pilot
Originally posted by SkyHigh
Thanks Rainman for the advice. so a PPL only gets you through fams quicker? Do we still get the same number of flight hours?
Yeah, that's the theory. No you'll have less flight hours; but less 'graded events'. . . so if others are getting the "opportunity" for acceleration @ TW4 and you do well. having less graded events certainly helps your NSS. My friends that acceled @ Corpus thought it was positive and as it's been said you can always get the number of syllabus flights if your advisor/onwing/ops o and you feel it's best for your training. Good luck!

SkyHigh

Rainman,
Thanks for the response.. As of right now I am slated for CC, but I might end up at Moody. Who really knows.... If you wantto be accelerated and you have the hours will they automatically do it? Or is it up to the on wing? Would you say in general that chances of becoming a fixed wing pilot are better?

Rainman

pilot
I would think it's in your best interests to bring it up with your advisor . . they have a fact sheet on you with your number of hours. . .ratings. . etc. .but it doesn't hurt to be proactive.

Yes, given the same grades, the accelerated student WILL have a higher NSS b/c he has less graded events. . . But it can also be argued that you may not have the same grades with less flights. . .. . so if you score reasonably well it helps your chances of getting what you want.

Best to have this discussion with your advisor when you check in (and onwing when you start flights) as he'll have the best info.

Status
Not open for further replies.