• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A question for (BDCP) SNA's

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyHigh

Hey guys,
what is the deal if you are BDCP pilot, and ou go down there and get NPQ'd as pilot for eyes or whatever. Do you get out of NAVY or do you HAVE TO pick another job?

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
The Navy is not going to just let you go after you get $$$ from Uncle Sam. They will probably switch you to snfo or another field. You usually get a couple choices in what you want to do if you get NPQ'd. However, there have to be openings in that community.

Dave

tali264

not 100% true. I know a guy who was BDCP and was NPQd for anthro measurements and is now home in Phoenix.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
But the question is was he required to submit for other communities. There is a good possibility that with the communities all being extremely full, they had no place to put him. Therefore they would let him out.

Dave

SkyHigh

That would be pretty lame if you HAD to submit for another field... Especially NFO if you got selected for pilot... We take a psyhcological part of that ASTB test, that tells you if you can deal with not being in control.. i would go friggin nuts sitting behind or next to some guy flying... and how pathetic is it that the NAVY will make you do a job like Intel or supply that affects other soldiers' lives, and you do not really want to be there. what happened to haveing the best in each job.

BYSun

Hmmmm...well, Skyhigh...perhaps you should put some more thought into what it is you really want to do. After all it is called OFFICER candidate school and not PILOT candidate school.

Just a thought.

Bryce

In the end it all comes down to a simple choice, get busy livin' or get busy dyin' - The Shawshank Redemption

navy101

NFO would still be a dream job to me even if I was npq'd from my pilot slot. Hell, any officer job in the navy works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.