• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A motivating H-53E pic

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Those are SMALL hangars. Our reserve squadron has one.

We could not fit all 14 aircraft in one that size. Our hangar is one of the 50's vintage ones like they have at Sherman Field.

The LAMPS hangar in Mayport is definitely NOT 50's vintage.

Brett

MasterBates

That's what they told us when we asked. It's of similar construction to other 50's vintage hangars.

That being said, I cannot find any info to prove it..

hscs

pilot
I thought that hangar was supposed to be for some of the HS squadrons as they moved up -- still not sure where everyone is supposed to "live" once the Master Plan is fully implemented. By then, I suppose the Master Jet base will have been moved and the helos will be moved to Oceana. I am sure nearby residents will love the goggle hops going till 3am.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I thought that hangar was supposed to be for some of the HS squadrons as they moved up -- still not sure where everyone is supposed to "live" once the Master Plan is fully implemented. By then, I suppose the Master Jet base will have been moved and the helos will be moved to Oceana. I am sure nearby residents will love the goggle hops going till 3am.

Maybe the new condo owners on Willoughby Spit will enjoy the heloport traffic until we move to Oceana................

Better tighten up those patterns to avoid the tranquil hot new place to live.

It appears I have threadjacked my own post.

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
Maybe the new condo owners on Willoughby Spit will enjoy the heloport traffic until we move to Oceana................

I like how the 'views' shown on the website fail to show I-64 and the tunnel.
What a crock, I cant believe people are under contract for million dollars condos with a view of NOB.

Pags

N/A
pilot

those ass-hats are gonna love the traffic departing via X-Ray and Alpha.

things sure are gonna get crowded in the local area once the master plan really starts rolling. there's gonna have to be a wing level air planning board just to avoid traffic jams in the hot pit (j/k).

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
those ass-hats are gonna love the traffic departing via X-Ray and Alpha.

things sure are gonna get crowded in the local area once the master plan really starts rolling. there's gonna have to be a wing level air planning board just to avoid traffic jams in the hot pit (j/k).

Eh, traffic jams, schmaffic jams. There's nothing "better" than being stuck in the pit line up at 1600 at North Island, complete w/ a S-3 going opposite direction and holding up the line. :)

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Eh, traffic jams, schmaffic jams. There's nothing "better" than being stuck in the pit line up at 1600 at North Island, complete w/ a S-3 going opposite direction and holding up the line. :)

at least it's SD. Imagine Norfolk in an H-60 stuck behind 2 53s both taking on 18k.......

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
at least it's SD. Imagine Norfolk in an H-60 stuck behind 2 53s both taking on 18k.......

I've been there at K-Bay (albeit w/ slightly smaller -53s). But at least it was Hawaii.

More than once I've heard a section of -53s call the buoy arrival for a full stop right at the end of my flight. That was about the time I'd tell my copilot it was time to full stop for the pits before they got there. Suckers. :)

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've been there at K-Bay (albeit w/ slightly smaller -53s). But at least it was Hawaii.

More than once I've heard a section of -53s call the buoy arrival for a full stop right at the end of my flight. That was about the time I'd tell my copilot it was time to full stop for the pits before they got there. Suckers. :)

Suckers indeed.

Ah yes, the mad rush to the pit to beat the 53 there. I don't blame them and I would do the same thing. :)

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah Shitters have a way of drinking a FARP dry quick which could lead to a night on Tinnian in the Bell hotel if it werent for some C-130 help.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
...payback for velvet Elvis being held hostage. ;) ch-ch-ch-chio (altered to protect the innocent)

It wouldn't have been that bad. The chicks on Tinian are hot from what I hear, anyways. :tongue2_1 :eek: :tongue2_1
Yeah Shitters have a way of drinking a FARP dry quick which could lead to a night on Tinnian in the Bell hotel if it werent for some C-130 help.