• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

a long time ago, one time...

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
but it was a long time ago and it was just that one time,
5448646607_792bbfc2cf_z.jpg

dream on, a-4 weenies.
:)

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Where's A4s Forever when somebody actually is begging for a comment?

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Looks like the Chocolate Mountains in the ACMR near MCAS Yuma. The F-4 is carrying the pod that transmits all flight parameters, but I can't see one on the A-4. My guess: the F-4's getting hosed and should have gone vertical at the merge - it's too late now.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The F-4 is carrying the pod that transmits all flight parameters, but I can't see one on the A-4. My guess: the F-4's getting hosed and should have gone vertical at the merge - it's too late now.

Historically, Skyhawks VERY rarely flew completely slick (<1% total all-time A-4 flight hours)! Few realize how competitive the "Scooter" was in the air-to-air arena....especially defensively. Only occasionally in combat, when we were chased by MIGs (usually as lone stragglers separated by flak/SAMs while retiring off target), all stores/racks would be jettisoned immediately. When flown/maneuvered skillfully, no MIG model could hold a track against an A-4, especially at low/ultra low altitude. Several MIG drivers have flown into the deck trying!:eek:A-4C_Skyhawk.jpg
BzB

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
FWIW that looks a lot closer than KIO'ing all gun attacks at 1000' to pass no closer than 500' :)

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Last heard from during a religious 'dust-up' with St. Brett in May. Several PM inquiries remain unanswered???
BzB
I too have a few unanswered PMs. I hope he finds his way back; I kind of miss his knowledge around the site.