• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

a long time ago, one time...

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
For someone who has significant time in both aircraft, not even a little love for the lowly Scooter?
Oh I have massive love for the Scooter! But not when they are at my six, thank you!!!!!! :mad::(

FWIW, it was the Scooter as a DACM adversary that really taught me – and most all my cohorts - how to finally fly and fight the Fox-Four effectively. Indirectly the Scooter therefore saved a lot of lives and downed a lot of MiGs, as a Top Gun adversary.

The Phantom was my favorite machine, in no small way because we shared some real history together. But the Scooter was always the most fun to fly, especially the single-seater.... all else being equal.

http://flitetime.net/mongoose.jpg

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
re:"The Phantom was my favorite machine, in no small way because we shared some real history together."

mine, too.
just realized it's been over 30 years since my last flight in the gray ghost. it was an iranian f-4e.

6026597866_35d960d0a5_z.jpg