• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A little advice for .40 S&W's?

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
I'm in FL right now where the law seems to be on the side of a law abiding homeowner. The "Stand Your Ground" Law has been established here for about a year now. I believe that if someone ends up shooting and killing an assailant inside their own home, they cannot be charged for it. Of course I think this assumes everything about the scenario was legal as far as the homeowner goes. I also believe that the law protects the law abiding citizen from legal/civil recourse from the assailants family. Law here seems to make sense.

Chapter 776, Florida Statutes
Justifiable Use Of Force

Home protection; use of deadly force; presumption of fear of death or great bodily harm.--
(1) A person is presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another when using defensive force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to another...

State of Florida Concealed Weapons License link:
http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/index.html

Active duty need: military ID, picture (CVS, Walgreens), fingerprint card, submit package at local sheriff's office or mail.

Is it "like" ... if you or anyone else knows ... like the H&K "LEM" trigger????

If so .... I have opinions. ;)

Is that were you hold the trigger back and the hammer stays back as well and then it resets?

How is that to shoot, does it take getting used to holding the trigger back or does it happen faster than I am thinking? I am used to SA handguns so am trying to understand how the finger play works on this setup. From what I can find it seems to cut the trigger pull on DA by about 25% + a little.

Please share your opinions on the LEM

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.....Please share your opinions on the LEM
I'm not a cop, so I don't need (nor want) a cop's trigger. A lot of people that HAVE to have DAO triggers have got on the bandwagon and there's been a huge marketing campaign as well.

The LEM is better than most DA triggers I've seen and it's very smooth and consistent. I think it's better than SiG's vaunted DAK trigger --- but I think SiG and H&K are both trying to get to the same place -- a DAO trigger that is smooth and "light".

I still prefer a DA/SA or straight SA auto for follow up accuracy -- thus the conversion of my H&K LEM trigger on my USPC.

I'm not a cop, so I don't need (nor want) a cop's trigger. A lot of people that HAVE to have DAO triggers have got on the bandwagon and there's been a huge marketing campaign as well.

The LEM is better than most DA triggers I've seen and it's very smooth and consistent. I think it's better than SiG's vaunted DAK trigger --- but I think SiG and H&K are both trying to get to the same place -- a DAO trigger that is smooth and "light".

I still prefer a DA/SA or straight SA auto for follow up accuracy -- thus the conversion of my H&K LEM trigger on my USPC.

Interesting, thanks for the info.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Chapter 776, Florida Statutes
Justifiable Use Of Force

Home protection; use of deadly force; presumption of fear of death or great bodily harm.--
(1) A person is presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another when using defensive force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to another...

State of Florida Concealed Weapons License link:
http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/index.html

Active duty need: military ID, picture (CVS, Walgreens), fingerprint card, submit package at local sheriff's office or mail.

Sounds about right.

More from FL:

776.013 Home protection; use of deadly force; presumption of fear of death or great bodily harm.--

(1) A person is presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another when using defensive force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to another if:

(a) The person against whom the defensive force was used was in the process of unlawfully and forcefully entering, or had unlawfully and forcibly entered, a dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle, or if that person had removed or was attempting to remove another against that person's will from the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle; and

(b) The person who uses defensive force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry or unlawful and forcible act was occurring or had occurred.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Just a suggestion...I'm sure most here know this, so its more for quiet types and lurkers.

DO NOT, under any circumstances consider reading the law, understanding of deadly force statutes and/or a substitute for good training and explanation. There are many nuances and ins and outs of these laws that are not clearly explained and understood by reading statutes.

Take a CCW class and discuss the application of the law with the police. Ask questions of the right people. Many "justified" shooters, later go on to jail time and/or lengthy defenses of their action in court because they didn't understand the minutiae.

Again...not suggesting that you guys think otherwise...I'd just hate to see another good person get burned or give the media and anti's another cross to nail us to.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Just a suggestion...I'm sure most here know this, so its more for quiet types and lurkers.

DO NOT, under any circumstances consider reading the law, understanding of deadly force statutes and/or a substitute for good training and explanation. There are many nuances and ins and outs of these laws that are not clearly explained and understood by reading statutes.

Take a CCW class and discuss the application of the law with the police. Ask questions of the right people. Many "justified" shooters, later go on to jail time and/or lengthy defenses of their action in court because they didn't understand the minutiae.

Again...not suggesting that you guys think otherwise...I'd just hate to see another good person get burned or give the media and anti's another cross to nail us to.

GREAT ADVICE

Being in the military you can simply send in a copy of your ID along with your CCW application (for FL). I did not do this because I wanted the proper training. CCW is an awesome responsibility, and it behooves you to understand the powers and responsibilities that come with carrying. This is NOT the time to cheap out on something, spend some money and get the training.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor

Noted. Sage advice.

IC1_4_Now

I have a HK 4O cal (USP Compact), and like it alot. I think they're great little guns, the only caveat I would add to that is that the pull on the trigger group is a bit heavy. I'm looking into getting a match grade trigger group. If you don't think that will be an issue for you than by all means get the HK.

pat

Just a suggestion...

Good point, and further (also one of the things they'll tell you in a CCW class), if you have to use deadly force, don't say ANYTHING without legal counsel. Ask questions, get to know the laws, but don't think that takes place of good legal representation.