• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A GOOD Guy In Hollyweird!

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
I would not expect David Spade to be pro-gun enough to buy 300 rifles. Guessing Ar-15's, any takers?

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
Burn Hollywood Burn....
I don't go to movies anymore after the uneducated blaberbitches mouthed damning OIF after it kicked off... what the hell makes actors/entertainers think their political/scientific or international policy views are relevant? Bourgeoisie pretend to be other people with a sophisticated image capturing devices pointed at them, we hand them oodles of dough to do it and worship them.. Who is stooooooopid? Both parties. (not me anymore). f*** em.

John Travolta was filming at VQQ when I flew in to drop off a part, maintainers told me very excitedly that "he was right over there",
I asked them to go inquire if John Travolta would like my autograph.
He has $, airplanes and kelly preston... he can't go land on a carrier ever.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Burn Hollywood Burn....
I don't go to movies anymore after the uneducated blaberbitches mouthed damning OIF after it kicked off... what the hell makes actors/entertainers think their political/scientific or international policy views are relevant? Bourgeoisie pretend to be other people with a sophisticated image capturing devices pointed at them, we hand them oodles of dough to do it and worship them.. Who is stooooooopid? Both parties. (not me anymore). f*** em.

John Travolta was filming at VQQ when I flew in to drop off a part, maintainers told me very excitedly that "he was right over there",
I asked them to go inquire if John Travolta would like my autograph.
He has $, airplanes and kelly preston... he can't go land on a carrier ever.

Stopped listening to music and reading books, too?

I wish actors/musicians/celebretards everywhere would realize that being famous does not make one smarter. Some think that having the ability to raise "awareness" by virtue of their high profiles means they have an obligation to speak out on issues that concern them. By the same token, by virtue of having a gun, I should take it upon myself to shoot anyone who needs killing.

Being an actor makes one's political views no more important than my plumber's, and I certainly don't give a shit what HE thinks about Darfur.

At the same time, though, some lefty actors make some pretty good movies, and I'm not going to boycott them as long as the movie itself isn't anti-military. For example, Ryan Phillipe was in both "Flags of our Fathers" and in "Stop-Loss." Which one do you think I've gone to see.

xnvyflyer

xnvyflyer
pilot
I generally have a disdain for most of the Hollywood crowd but a big thumbs up for Spade.

I agree with some of the other posts. Actors make money to entertain and amuse us, like court jesters if you will. "Go ahead, make me laugh again."

Some people play make believe. The sheepdogs go to war so others can play make believe and be idolized by the sheep.

Whose autograph would I ask for first? That's a no brainer.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
I've given up reading, watching tv or movies since I found out that many people involved in these media disagree with me. Hell, the only music I listened to was Toby Keith, until I found out he was a democrat. Now I only listen to Sousa marches and stirring martial music.

What gives them the right? Sure they have money and fame, but they can't (insert something I think is super special that I can do because I am in the military) like me, so f'em.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.... By the same token, by virtue of having a gun, I should take it upon myself to shoot anyone who needs killing....
OH! GOD ... be still my beating heart ... you're just sayin' that to give me my Christmas present early, aren't you ??? :D:D:D:D

BullGator

You probably shouldn't dismiss them all, in my respectful opinion. What about Drew Carrey or Adam Sandler?
-They support the military, and I was a fan of them before I even knew that.

There are also some undeniably great actors like Philip Seymore Hoffman, and so forth.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I was working security for a Disturbed concert a few years ago. I was pretty much next to them just off to the side of the stage and the singer decided to say something political in between songs. I figured the whole crowd would cheer on and agree and start anti-this and anti-that chants as most concert crowd always do. It was pretty funny when the crowd basically yelled back for him to STFU and get on with the music.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
I think your priorities are a little off.

My sub-sub-nuggetly naive friend, you might be in the wrong buisness if you are looking for any of the forementioned. Quip not on priorities mi vato. You have the chance to be better than all three things... work hard, play harder!

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Their views aren't any more valid than mine are, but they do have a bigger bullhorn to shout them from. Oh well.

The weirder they get does seem to correlate to how their finances play out. Remember naval aviation's old friend Tom Cruise? He's been working pretty hard lately to moderate his weirdness and pimp his new movie at the same time.

they have the right to say what they want, and the public has the right to tell them to stfu and take their business elsewhere and be entertained by people who take their profession of entertaining seriously enough not to talk about things they know nothing about.

thats why we kick ass.

America, F*** Yeah!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I like the part in the article where it says that David Spade didn't want any "fanfare or media attention" and yet they did such a great job of honoring his one request......