• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

9/11 Thoughts

stalk

Lobster's Pop
pilot
Today we once again remember the tragic and catalytic events that led us to the GWOT. Whatever your opinion on the war’s overall effectiveness, the extraordinary efforts of many on this board continue to keep our country safe and destroy the terrorists who wish to do us harm.

Keep up the great work!

Dirty

Registered abUser
pilot
None
Contributor
9/11 is a day to have "Adagio for Strings" playing on repeat.....

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
probably my favorite 9-11 newspaper illustration..... kind of chokes me up a little 7 years later.

Take%20it%20from%20here.jpg

Lobster

I go to an extremely liberal school and dispite all the different thoughts and views on our country at 12:00 today there was a ceremony by the flag pole for 9/11, my fellow classmates, administrators, and coaches were out in full force to remember those brave men and women, a very humbling site to see and something that makes you realize just how great and special this country really is.

Never Forgotten..

It was nice to see McCain and Obama "put aside politics" for the day and meet at Ground Zero but I still wonder if anything is truly non-political. Isn't that a political claim in and of itself?

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
It was nice to see McCain and Obama "put aside politics" for the day and meet at Ground Zero but I still wonder if anything is truly non-political. Isn't that a political claim in and of itself?

Yes, but let's just suspend belief for just a moment.

probably my favorite 9-11 newspaper illustration..... kind of chokes me up a little 7 years later.

Take%20it%20from%20here.jpg

I remember that too; moving to see it now. I can't believe it's been that long.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"Stout" McGuinness was a F-14 pilot in my reserve airwing and just a few numbers senior to me at our LAX airline base. Great rep in the Navy and airline. I remember being surprised to see his name as a crew member on Flight 11. I hadn't known he transfered to the Boston base.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
That day changed the way I felt about this country (permanently, not for 3 weeks like the rest of the country), the military and my sense of duty. I NEVER would have considered a career in the military until this day (and it didn't really come to the surface until a few years after).

I still get chills while saluting during morning colors, watching the flag raise and thinking about this tragic day and why I joined.

Avalanche24

There was a guy on the radio this morning who walked across all of America in 10 months to raise money for the first responders that were affected by 9/11.
That just proves that one person can make a difference in the lives of many others. There are so many citizens in this country that help each other out, not for fame or fortune, but because they believe it is the right thing to do. That's what makes us such a great nation. We should all feel blessed that we live here.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I still remember everything that happened, from when I woke up in the morning seeing the first and second plane crash, all the way to driving to school and hearing the Pentagon hit and finally seeing the towers fall. The world has changed and I don't think things will ever be the same again.