• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

8APRIL2024 SWO Board

Swo0918

Had to do mine this Tuesday & passed thankfully. Was all alone so they were just watching me the whole time lol
Okay I’m doing mine next Tuesday. For the run do they do it on a track? I think running on a track is a lot easier because it’s all flat. Did you try to max out or just go for like good low just to pass?

niks0917

Okay I’m doing mine next Tuesday. For the run do they do it on a track? I think running on a track is a lot easier because it’s all flat. Did you try to max out or just go for like good low just to pass?
I did mine on the March Air Reserve Base which has a half mile track (which felt never-ending!) so 3 full laps. My recruiter would tell me the Sat-Med score before each test but pushed me to do more. Ended with 24 push ups, 1:40 plank, and 15:20 mile and half. Truthfully the run was not my best lol, it was super hot out & didn't have enough water beforehand. With that, they know your first few scores will be the worst & can only improve from there!

Swo0918

I heard there aren’t any physical rollable events anymore. I don’t know how true that is
I was told they give you three opportunities to pass the physical events. I’m pretty sure by the end of OCS you just have to be a good low which isn’t too bad when you realize you will be working out almost everyday.

Swo0918

I was told they give you three opportunities to pass the physical events. I’m pretty sure by the end of OCS you just have to be a good low which isn’t too bad when you realize you will be working out almost everyday.
I’m in the 20-24 age range and for males that’s 47 push ups, 1:40 blank and 1.5 miles in 12 minutes.

Swo0918

Obviously they are going to have a gym but does anyone know what else they have at OCS? Like do they have a basketball court, that’s the kind of workout I’d like to do lmao

MrValens

I wanted SWO but I was scared and stupid so I put supply as #2 and of course now if I didn’t put it I would have gotten swo. Ugh and supply is so much more school. But I have a family so it’s a better job for family life I suppose. Everything happens for a reason
Is it a bad thing to have more than one option? My recruiter wants me to put multiple however I only want SWO.

Swo0918

Is it a bad thing to have more than one option? My recruiter wants me to put multiple however I only want SWO.
If you want SWO you are going to get SWO everyone for this board was picked except for one person. I wasn’t picked initially because of some mistake on my paperwork but after fixing it got accepted even after the board because that’s how desperate they are for SWOs right now

MrValens

I understand, thank you for the information and your insight on this. I was just curious if having a number 2 & 3 option gave off a negative connotation towards the number 1 choice. I see now from your reply that may not be the case. Thank you!