• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

8APRIL2024 SWO Board

niks0917

Hi everyone,

Didn't see a forum for this upcoming SWO board so I wanted to start one to see if anyone else applied this time around!
First time applying with a Bachelor's in Poli Sci with a 3.3 GPA! OAR of 48

Board is close & getting excited/nervous as I saw those who applied for 19FEB SWO board were called/notified about who was accepted about 10 days after that board convened.

Empire16

I put SWO as #3 I am not sure if this means I have a chance at it or not. I have read conflicting info about this.

I have a BA in Poli sci as well with a 3.98 GPA and a OAR of 63.

Swo0918

Hi everyone,

Didn't see a forum for this upcoming SWO board so I wanted to start one to see if anyone else applied this time around!
First time applying with a Bachelor's in Poli Sci with a 3.3 GPA! OAR of 48

Board is close & getting excited/nervous as I saw those who applied for 19FEB SWO board were called/notified about who was accepted about 10 days after that board convened.
Yeah I just applied for SWO also. Marine biology major 3.0 gpa and I also got 48 on oar. My recruiter said last board accepted every SWO application and said they probably will again this board since number are down. Good luck though! Hopefully we will see each other at OCS still trying to get my push ups maxed out haha

niks0917

I put SWO as #3 I am not sure if this means I have a chance at it or not. I have read conflicting info about this.

I have a BA in Poli sci as well with a 3.98 GPA and a OAR of 63.
From what I've heard, you'd most definetely get in for SWO with those scores haha! Best of luck for your first two choices though, hope you hear something good for at least one of them :)

niks0917

Yeah I just applied for SWO also. Marine biology major 3.0 gpa and I also got 48 on oar. My recruiter said last board accepted every SWO application and said they probably will again this board since number are down. Good luck though! Hopefully we will see each other at OCS still trying to get my push ups maxed out haha
Oh wow that's great to hear then, hoping we hear back as fast as the last board did! And I feel that, push ups are the only thing I'm really pushing myself at. Plank & running should be easy enough for me. Good luck as well :) I'll message again in here if I hear any news & potential OCS date!

Swo0918

Oh wow that's great to hear then, hoping we hear back as fast as the last board did! And I feel that, push ups are the only thing I'm really pushing myself at. Plank & running should be easy enough for me. Good luck as well :) I'll message again in here if I hear any news & potential OCS date!
The last boards OCS date was about 20 days after selection according to my recruiter. So by the time our results come out it’s probably going to be about the same. If that’s the case then it’s not much turn around for me, I graduate may 11th and that would put us at OCS around May 15-20th? Maybe they will hold off until June though. But the last selectees would be already out of indoc phase by first week of May. The only thing I’m worried about is I put supply as a backup and now I’m hearing bad things about supply so I hope to get SWO

exNavyOffRec

The last boards OCS date was about 20 days after selection according to my recruiter. So by the time our results come out it’s probably going to be about the same. If that’s the case then it’s not much turn around for me, I graduate may 11th and that would put us at OCS around May 15-20th? Maybe they will hold off until June though. But the last selectees would be already out of indoc phase by first week of May. The only thing I’m worried about is I put supply as a backup and now I’m hearing bad things about supply so I hope to get SWO
They shouldn't assign you an OCS date if you are still in school, they will wait until after you have a conferred degree and NRC has an official copy of your transcripts saying that. I have seen some colleges be quick at getting that done and I have seen some take up to a month after final grades have been turned in.

Swo0918

They shouldn't assign you an OCS date if you are still in school, they will wait until after you have a conferred degree and NRC has an official copy of your transcripts saying that. I have seen some colleges be quick at getting that done and I have seen some take up to a month after final grades have been turned in.
Yeah I had to attach a degree plan signed by my academic advisor saying I am on track to graduate by the time of graduation which has all my classes for the last semester. I believe that was the only extra bit I had to attach for my OCS package

exNavyOffRec

Yeah I had to attach a degree plan signed by my academic advisor saying I am on track to graduate by the time of graduation which has all my classes for the last semester. I believe that was the only extra bit I had to attach for my OCS package
yes, that allows you to go to the board but you still have to have the final transcript saying degree conferred prior to getting orders to OCS.

Swo0918

yes, that allows you to go to the board but you still have to have the final transcript saying degree conferred prior to getting orders to OCS.
I saw on some other threads from people that went through the same scenario and they said sometimes they will give you an unofficial OCS date and you just have to have final transcripts turned in before then if you can speak to any truth behind that. The board stops meeting on the 22nd and I get grades back due the 28th of April so hopefully it’s not too much of a delay id hate to wait another 6 months

exNavyOffRec

I saw on some other threads from people that went through the same scenario and they said sometimes they will give you an unofficial OCS date and you just have to have final transcripts turned in before then if you can speak to any truth behind that. The board stops meeting on the 22nd and I get grades back due the 28th of April so hopefully it’s not too much of a delay id hate to wait another 6 months
Not sure who told you the board stops meeting on the 22nd, the board generally only takes 1 day that is it. Then the selections are sent to NRC to ensure they are in fact qualified to be selected, then there is a bunch of admin functions done and finally the list is sent for signature. The extra long time is often figuring out who can be put in which OCS class all while they still do all the other functions they are required to do.

They will pencil in dates but given how each college is different at getting the graduation confirmations processed it is a risk for them to put a date unless they put it out far enough to have minimal risk, even without an OCS date once NRC gets what they need the turnaround shouldn't be that long, in normal circumstances I would see 6-8 weeks.

I would ask the registrar how long after grades are turned in your transcripts will reflect your degree has been conferred.

Not true, at least right now. You will be assigned a class date, however, you cannot sign your DD4, get orders, or get your FINSEL until your transcripts are sent to the OCM and you take your PRT.

My board was 19feb24, and I received word on 28feb. With graduation they will want ample time after your grad date to get your final transcripts, which will then allow you to get your orders, swear you in, get your finsel, and fly you to newport. Message me of you have questions, im going through it all now in your shoes.

exNavyOffRec

Not true, at least right now. You will be assigned a class date, however, you cannot sign your DD4, get orders, or get your FINSEL until your transcripts are sent to the OCM and you take your PRT.
I saw so many students have delays in getting transcripts from the registrar that showed graduated I am surprised they would take that chance unless they are putting it out months.

Has anyone heard back about medical waivers or other waivers?
I submitted back in February with the original application deadline