• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

8 SEPT 2007 OCS Class

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
I'll be coming from San Diego. Thinking about flying out, any thoughts?
It'll probably be easier than driving, but you won't have a place to store contraband like your cell phone and extra crap.
I should have some extra space in my car, but it's just a Civic, so I don't have a ton of room, but you're more than welcome.

Sierra_Hotel

Wearing a big watch and crushing egos...
pilot
Thanks Morgan, that would be great. I was told that we get lockers for things like cell phones and civilian clothes but that we can't get to them till 5th week or so.

MSkinsATC

pilot
Not sure about Newport, but in Pensacola, you didnt need civilian clothes until the day you graduated, do a search on here and see what happened to the guys that did get caught off base in civilian clothing. All your buddies will have room in their cars trust me!! I flew from Cali to Pensacola, had a classmate pick me up and I was good to go till graduation day...so I wouldnt be too worried, you will have plenty of places (cars) to put geedunk!

Morgan81

pilot
Contributor
Just booked my hotel at the Days Inn (only place I could find, so if you haven't booked, do so quickly). PM me if you want to meet up on Saturday night.

jride200

Originally slated for the September 8th class. An workplace injury to my shoulder late in the game, has delayed OCS. Now it looks as though I will be freezing my a** off by spending my winter in Newport, slightly behind you guys.

klagemann

There is a message on Navy OCS boards talking about a meet and greet and we are currently looking at meeting by Bowmens Wharf / Seamans Church which is downtown at 1800 and from there walking to a restaurant, which there are many in walking distance. If this sounds good to any please email me at triniti_kitty@yahoo.com

neumero4te

Ensign!
Hey does anyone know where an up to date website is for OCS? I'm specifically interested in our mailing address while we're there.

Stretch32

Well, pending a successful eval by the Navy cardiologist at NAS Jax tomorrow morning I'm scheduled for the 8 Sept 2007 class. I found out I was pro-rec'd last week on Friday and now NOMI has made a big deal about a heart murmur so I need an eval to get cleared to go. If all goes well tomorrow then I'll see you guys there. I've got alot of loose ends to tie up with such short notice.

Stretch

Goob83

None
Hey does anyone know where an up to date website is for OCS? I'm specifically interested in our mailing address while we're there.
Your recruiter has the info also it is posted on here now. The email with the new info was sent out 5 months ago to the processors and OPOS. They should give you this when you take the OATH and sign the papers

neumero4te

Ensign!
Your recruiter has the info also it is posted on here now. The email with the new info was sent out 5 months ago to the processors and OPOS. They should give you this when you take the OATH and sign the papers

Thanks I found it.

Is anybody checking in on Saturday? Anybody know if that's just a bad idea or what?

Morgan81

pilot
Contributor
Thanks I found it.

Is anybody checking in on Saturday? Anybody know if that's just a bad idea or what?
Yeah, I'm checking in early afternoon and then leaving for the night. I don't think it really matters one way or another, really, but if I'm up there I might as well.

MasterBates

Unless things have changed.. Check in "day of".

Unless you want to spend a nice quiet evening with the Candios who have nothing better to do than fvck with you..