• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

7 AUG 17 SWO board

Able05

There will be a lot more people applying than us on this thread, but our averages in this thread so far are ~25 years old (very few data points), ~55.5 OAR, ~3.45 GPA. As far as what the board is looking for, there is a thread dedicated to that in my first post, but I believe that an OAR of 45 or greater is pretty much required. I can't comment on GPA or whether the degree that was earned is factored in.

Checking in. Previously submitted for the May board, and if I understand my recruiter correctly, they looked at my kit and while it wasn't a definite YES, it wasn't NO. Numbers filled for that board and my kit got tabled for this one. Which I'm told is a good thing because if it was a no, they'd say it was a no. Just found out my kit was resubmitted for this board today, so here's hoping!

Married two years, father of an 8 month old.
26 years old
GPA: 3.47
Degree: pastoral ministry (not looking to be a chaplain though)
OAR: 46
Hopeful SWO.

Chin

Checking in. Previously submitted for the May board, and if I understand my recruiter correctly, they looked at my kit and while it wasn't a definite YES, it wasn't NO. Numbers filled for that board and my kit got tabled for this one. Which I'm told is a good thing because if it was a no, they'd say it was a no. Just found out my kit was resubmitted for this board today, so here's hoping!

26 years old
Hopeful SWO.
Good luck to you! You are probably one of the first group for selection. I think it was called Alternate which it isn't a yes nor a no.

26 years old
Hopeful SWO.

I also submitted for the May board and got tabled along with 12 other applicants, including yourself. Like you said, my recruiter also said this was a good thing since it wasn't a definite no. Hopefully they accept more applicants than May, when they took a smaller pool than usual. Good luck to you and the rest of the hopeful SWOs on this thread!

-Recent college graduate, 22 years old
-GPA: 3.6
-BA Political Science and International Relations
-OAR: 57

Hello all, checking in as a SWO applicant for the AUG 7 board!
~ 21 years old (recent college grad)
~ BA: Government with an International Relations emphasis
~ GPA: 3.97
~ OAR: 69

Wishing luck to you all!

Here's a question: does anyone know how long after getting accepted, IF accepted (because I know very well that a yes isn't a yes until they say so), we need to show up in Newport? My recruiter has been vague and the only response I've been given is it could be 8-10 weeks after acceptance. I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I couldn't find an answer anywhere else. Just a family man trying to plan.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
If you were tabl
Here's a question: does anyone know how long after getting accepted, IF accepted (because I know very well that a yes isn't a yes until they say so), we need to show up in Newport? My recruiter has been vague and the only response I've been given is it could be 8-10 weeks after acceptance. I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I couldn't find an answer anywhere else. Just a family man trying to plan.

It depends on the program and needs of the navy. Check out previous threads of this same program to see the timeframe of folks before you.

DMV12

Checking in.
Age - 28
Undergrad - International Relations (3.4 GPA)
Masters - Public Administration (3.7 GPA)
OAR - 55