• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

5 MAR 18 SWO Board

mlk1686

Pr-Rec N here. My OAR is 61, my GPA is low but there isn't time to improve that by the next board, this was my first board, and my recruiter was very difficult to work with and I had only days notice for my motivational statement. I am going to SWO-centric my statement [thank, @RUFiO181 for that advice] Is there anything else anyone can help me with? Do non-prior AD do interviews? If so, who do I contact to get that ball rolling? I am in law enforcement in Norfolk VA, so I am surrounded by bases. My former recruiter apparently transferred without notice, so I am in limbo with that and want to get to work on improving my packet asap!

D

Deleted member 67144 scul

Selection list is available to the field. 202 applied, 60 selects.

That is extremely selective, almost on par with the IWC DCO boards. Out of curiosity, does the volume of NROTC accessions make SWO OCS selection this competitive? I recall from when I was fiddling with NROTC, SWO was where cadets without specialized education and/or good grades get dumped, which I imagine really fills up the community.

jen12130

Pr-Rec N here. My OAR is 61, my GPA is low but there isn't time to improve that by the next board, this was my first board, and my recruiter was very difficult to work with and I had only days notice for my motivational statement. I am going to SWO-centric my statement [thank, @RUFiO181 for that advice] Is there anything else anyone can help me with? Do non-prior AD do interviews? If so, who do I contact to get that ball rolling? I am in law enforcement in Norfolk VA, so I am surrounded by bases. My former recruiter apparently transferred without notice, so I am in limbo with that and want to get to work on improving my packet asap!
I agree I also have a difficult OR, I will also be taking @RUFiO181 advice on making my motivational statement more swo centric I was told by my OR that interviews can only be done for those in the reserves but I see otherwise on this site. This was my first SWO board all I can do is get my score up.

jRiot504

It would appear that they are not just looking at OAR/GPA for this board. Must be looking for other things as well.

I would have to agree GPA/OAR were not the sole factor in this board. At the least they were not weighted heavily.

Though it is all speculation without facts.

zachm5

Blue Angels Command LPO (Frontman)
My GPA is solid and my OAR is "OK". My package had absolutely nothing to do with SWO, as my entire 12 years in the Navy is in Aviation Maint, but my evals and appraisals are filled with leadership bullets and sustained superior performance. Thats what I feel they are looking for at least for AD applicants. If your scores meet the requirements, I would say do what you can to show leadership and in big ways.

mlk1686

I have plenty of leadership experience. 5 years in law enforcement, youngest Sergeant in my departments history. I was a corrections officer during college, I am an eagle scout, and was the captain of my college club hockey team... I've been to leadership training courses within the LEO community. I just feel like I am missing something, or did something wrong, or not doing enough somewhere. It was my first board, I knew it was a slim chance, I just want all the advice I can get to get that Y.

Gabby Lynn

Can someone that has better computer access get to the npc site and post the list us active duty can’t get on the proxy server or at least I can’t lol