• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

3 Keys to OCS Success

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
It's not the candidates' job at OCS to screen out other candidates. That's the staff's job. You may have your own ideas of what qualities make a good officer. The staff might have their own. Let them decide who the shitbags are, and who the hotshots are. While you are a candidate, you are training alongside other candidates. Be a team player, know when to help and when to ask for help, and remember that you'll be meeting many of these guys again in the future, so try to build bridges, not burn them. Try to become the guy that everybody wants to go to war with.

Indeejordan

Thanks for all of the good gouge. I just got back from OCS Prep this weekend as well, also from the 9th Marine Corps District in the MW. I would have to agree for the couple days exposure I had to it, flying under the radar is the way to go. I was lucky, and wasn't singled out like many of the other Candidates, but I am sure my day will come :)

Conaway

Oh and try have your rack be as far from the duty hut as possible. The SI's won't even recognize you

It's one thing to be inconspicuous, it's another to hide.

Concur. Falling out of a run/hump is one of the easiest ways to skyline yourself.

Agreed.

My three to add to the pot:
1) Confidence!
2) Don't evaluate yourself, you have enough people doing that for you.
3) Humility

UORBulldog

Ya I know it's decided by alphabet where your rack is, but the first time I was there we went down both sides all the way down to the end. Then the 2nd time we did the snake thing starting at one end and going down and then coming back up the other side.. putting the middle letter guys like me at the far end, and the WXYZ's right in front with the ABC's accross from them. Good times for me.