• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23MAY2022 SNA/SNFO BOARD

exNavyOffRec

Oh alright that makes sense, so if for some reason something comes up there that didn't at MEPS are you just hosed or what happens?
They will evaluate any condition to see if it suitable for duty in a flying status, if it is they will clear you, if not they will explain options.

The PQ letter issued prior to going to board which most people don't read has a disclaimer that says NAMI will make the final determination for aviation programs. A similar disclaimer is on there for those going subs as well if anyone was wondering.

johnpauljones1776

Un-salted butter bar (non prior)
Oh alright that makes sense, so if for some reason something comes up there that didn't at MEPS are you just hosed or what happens?
They will evaluate any condition to see if it suitable for duty in a flying status, if it is they will clear you, if not they will explain options.

The PQ letter issued prior to going to board which most people don't read has a disclaimer that says NAMI will make the final determination for aviation programs. A similar disclaimer is on there for those going subs as well if anyone was wondering.
In other words, make sure it’s not on paper what ever you’re thinking of inquiring about

HACAPT45

A whole lot of silence so far. I'm supposedly still going January/February.
simpl_dude: Are you SNA from November 21 Board and not AD? Same for me - I was Nov 6, 2022 and still delayed with no info.
Any news on how many of us left who are not AD? How about OCS priorities for handing out dates? One of our Nov'21 group recently placed in July 23, 2023 (Class 01-24)

smpl_dude

simpl_dude: Are you SNA from November 21 Board and not AD? Same for me - I was Nov 6, 2022 and still delayed with no info.
Any news on how many of us left who are not AD? How about OCS priorities for handing out dates? One of our Nov'21 group recently placed in July 23, 2023 (Class 01-24)
Nah, I was a May 2022 select, but got "lucky" and was given a January date for OCS. You can see how well that turned out. But yeah, not AD, and the message I keep hearing is, "We don't know when you'll go, just keep waiting and we'll let you know when we hear something".

johnpauljones1776

Un-salted butter bar (non prior)
Nah, I was a May 2022 select, but got "lucky" and was given a January date for OCS. You can see how well that turned out. But yeah, not AD, and the message I keep hearing is, "We don't know when you'll go, just keep waiting and we'll let you know when we hear something".
I was also May board 2022 given the same date as smpl_dude. Was put on indefinite hold in November of 2022

Jettingaway

Hate to be the bear of bad news.. we were told (at ocs) that they canceled all aviators for the rest of FY23. Expect to ship no early than FY24. Generally the begining of the FY is always aviation heavy then it tapers out. Take that info as you will. Wish you all the best of luck.

exNavyOffRec

Hate to be the bear of bad news.. we were told (at ocs) that they canceled all aviators for the rest of FY23. Expect to ship no early than FY24. Generally the begining of the FY is always aviation heavy then it tapers out. Take that info as you will. Wish you all the best of luck.
Aviation at the beginning of the FY just happened to be that way the past 2 FY's, not be design but by circumstance, the normal process is for those selected to ship out just a few months of being selected, the past few years have been anything other than normal.

HACAPT45

simpl_dude - johnpauljones1776 - jettingaway - exNavyOffRec - Understand and thanks to all of you for responding. Info scarce in my orbit.

NTAG called me this past Monday for an update ... married? health?, etc. One comment to my questions was eyebrow lifting ...
"...if you don't hear anything by July, it will probably be December before you do..." It was apparent our delay situation is difficult for those NTAG folks as well. Looks like they have no answers for us and seem just as frustrated. For what it is worth, many are bailing due to the length of wait.
Nice to know there are others still hanging in. Best to all.

smpl_dude

simpl_dude - johnpauljones1776 - jettingaway - exNavyOffRec - Understand and thanks to all of you for responding. Info scarce in my orbit.

NTAG called me this past Monday for an update ... married? health?, etc. One comment to my questions was eyebrow lifting ...
"...if you don't hear anything by July, it will probably be December before you do..." It was apparent our delay situation is difficult for those NTAG folks as well. Looks like they have no answers for us and seem just as frustrated. For what it is worth, many are bailing due to the length of wait.
Nice to know there are others still hanging in. Best to all.
I'm lucky in that I've got a good job, family, and friends, so I'm literally just living normal life until the navy calls me up.

flatspinturkeyb

69 9/9/9 GPA: b4d
I think we're still in the midst of delaygate but I'm wondering what kind of wait until OCS people are expecting if given a Pro-rec Y at this board. 12 months?

smpl_dude

I think we're still in the midst of delaygate but I'm wondering what kind of wait until OCS people are expecting if given a Pro-rec Y at this board. 12 months?
There's still a few people from Nov 21 that have been given july dates. Everyone from may and october 22 has been told to wait around indefinitely. I'd say at least a year for anyone that gets selected in may 23.

HACAPT45

There's still a few people from Nov 21 that have been given july dates. Everyone from may and october 22 has been told to wait around indefinitely. I'd say at least a year for anyone that gets selected in may 23.
Nov'21 SNA Selectee here and still waiting. I only know of one (1) Nov'21 Selectee that received a July '23 OCS date. I hope you're right on a "few people" given July'23 dates. If so, it would be great to know how many and how many are left in my Nov'211 pool. Hate to say it ... unless something gives, I agree with your expectation of a year+ for the October '22 folks. May'22 Selectees may get moved a bit earlier but not by much.
Wishing all the best.