• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 May 18 Pilot/NFO Selection Board

Hello! Can someone explain a quick something to me involving the spreadsheet - on the February 7 spreadsheet, some rows are left white. Does this mean they just weren't auto-selected (is that what Pro-Rec means?)?
Does red mean they were denied a slot completely?
Thanks!

agriz33

Hello! Can someone explain a quick something to me involving the spreadsheet - on the February 7 spreadsheet, some rows are left white. Does this mean they just weren't auto-selected (is that what Pro-Rec means?)?
Does red mean they were denied a slot completely?
Thanks!
It's all applicant entered so the white is just that person not updating it. About the pro pec, I don't actually know what that means.

Matty Morocco

A professional recommend or PRO-REC is just the first part of getting selected for the Navy OCS. All it does is move you forward. The Navy then takes all those PRO-REC Y (Yes) and decides if and when to Final Select, or FINSEL those applicants. The FINSEL is the real deal, you get a slot at OCS and a date and things start moving after that. I feel like this has been gone over before, all it takes is a little searching.

As for the spreadsheet, it was all applicants who entered so many did not enter after learning the results. If they received a PRO-REC they would have marked in the box there.

Edit: To be clear, what we are trying to get from the boards is a PRO-REC Y so that we can get a FINSEL. "Auto-select" is the board automatically PRO-REC Y, without the need for them to review your packet.

mke07

Quick answer on the spreadsheet. Myself and a few others tried to keep it as updated as possible as people reported their pro rec status. The white just means we either missed them reporting it, or they just never said anything. And we did not have a Facebook group for our February board. Those are usually reserved for when you class up and can meet people in your class before you get there. Hope this helps.

Cmonster23

@FreemanYoung How does it work submitting a package during your Junior year? Will you have to wait until after graduation for OCS or is there a program like the Marines have where you can go through OCS this summer, return to school, and then commission after graduating?