• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 May 18 Pilot/NFO Selection Board

Jamie_D

Did anyone else who got their FINSELs have to redo their fingerprints and resign papers? My recruiter just called and said to get my FINSEL I have to do that. Or did they just lose my stuff?

Seniuram

Did anyone else who got their FINSELs have to redo their fingerprints and resign papers? My recruiter just called and said to get my FINSEL I have to do that. Or did they just lose my stuff?
I believe they expire every 6 months or year. I’m not sure but pretty sure they expire.

MadHatter

pilot

Im still waiting to hear from the board, but they did lose my finger prints and had to redo paperwork before sending in my kit. I did all that a MEPS back in October and then had to redo them in February I believe.

Jamie_D

Im still waiting to hear from the board, but they did lose my finger prints and had to redo paperwork before sending in my kit. I did all that a MEPS back in October and then had to redo them in February I believe.
I believe they expire every 6 months or year. I’m not sure but pretty sure they expire.

Thanks for the answers guys. My recruiter responded and said it was because they are about to expire.

andrewt

I was doing fingerprints a couple of weeks ago and they said they're only good for 120 days. Awful short shelf-life on those... :eek:

andrewt

Did you get a FINSEL for the April miniboard (most people applying to that were going for this May board originally) or the actual May board?

Scuttlebutt was that they already know who's got a PROREC-N, so maybe the auto-selects for this board are hearing back now?

peppergunner

ɹǝqɯǝW pǝʇɹǝʌuI
If applying Auto-Qualify, I know you have to be ready in 60 Days. Is that 60-day time from the official board date or from the Auto-Qual board date?

Seniuram

Did you get a FINSEL for the April miniboard (most people applying to that were going for this May board originally) or the actual May board?

Scuttlebutt was that they already know who's got a PROREC-N, so maybe the auto-selects for this board are hearing back now?
Where did you hear that? They released that new minimum requirements which I would assume pro rec N’d a lot of people.

Jamie_D

I got selected for the April mini board. Did not get a FINSEL for it yet pending my paperwork and fingerprint updates.

andrewt

Where did you hear that? They released that new minimum requirements which I would assume pro rec N’d a lot of people.
Just from talking to the OR this weekend at an airshow. Wouldnt claim thats really airtight though, and I remember reading on here about a NFO applicant who got a non-select and they decided to send him to OCS later on after all.

What new minimums? That thing Rufio put up about them wanting 6s now?

Seniuram

Just from talking to the OR this weekend at an airshow. Wouldnt claim thats really airtight though, and I remember reading on here about a NFO applicant who got a non-select and they decided to send him to OCS later on after all.

What new minimums? That thing Rufio put up about them wanting 6s now?
Gotyuh, well I would take an OR’s word. Yes, what Rufio posted. It was “New Minimums” for aviation packets effective immediately. Must have 50 5/6/6 instead of the previous 45 ?/5/5.

aribjc

Wouldn't this imply that they also know you is pro Rec y? In which case what is the point of having a board on the 23rd?

andrewt

Gotyuh, well I would take an OR’s word. Yes, what Rufio posted. It was “New Minimums” for aviation packets effective immediately. Must have 50 5/6/6 instead of the previous 45 ?/5/5.
When I saw those, I was wondering aloud if they would raise the auto-select figures. Haven't heard anything to that effect yet, so guess not.
Wouldn't this imply that they also know you is pro Rec y? In which case what is the point of having a board on the 23rd?
Maybe its just a rough idea. The definitely not's as opposed to the maybe's. I suppose theres also the question of people applying to multiple communities. I'm SNA only at present, but with others they might need to decide where to put them out of their choices.

The implication from the OR was that since she didn't hear a no for me, then it must be a yes since I only had a single designator down.