• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2010 DCO/DIRCOM boards: questions, answers, and discussion

GIJ316

did everyone end up receiving "official word?" I talked with my recruiter last week, and was told that I still don't have the outcome in my record.

PapaK

Change is in the air. Getting ready to try this again. Working on contacts with friends' friends in the Navy to learn more about the community. Not giving up the ship!

das

Contributor
Change is in the air. Getting ready to try this again. Working on contacts with friends' friends in the Navy to learn more about the community. Not giving up the ship!

Great to hear! Persistence is definitely one of the keys to success!

das

Contributor
Thanks, Das. How are things going on your end?

I have my Physically Qualified letter (PQ), my security clearance is in process, and my name has been submitted to the Scroll. All of this was complete around mid to late October. My Final Select letter is "waiting to be signed" as soon as the Scroll comes back, which apparently takes around 90 days from when it was submitted. So I'm probably looking at after the first of the year for commissioning. Just patiently waiting... :)

So I was told by my recruiter that I cant reapply until Sept '11. The reason is I have to wait 6 months after the last board letter was sent. The date on the letter was Nov 1. Going to be a long long wait.

das

Contributor
So I was told by my recruiter that I cant reapply until Sept '11. The reason is I have to wait 6 months after the last board letter was sent. The date on the letter was Nov 1. Going to be a long long wait.

In the interest of completeness, it is possible to submit a letter of reconsideration along with a package if 6 months haven't elapsed; that's exactly what I did at the SEP10 board when I wasn't picked up in MAR10. Of course, this also does depend on enough positive changes in your package to support a new submission, and this is all at the discretion and recommendation of your recruiter.

In the meantime, I know you're working on improving your package...keep at it! Most of the process is waiting, and I definitely sympathize with you! Good luck and thanks for the update.

Well, I asked about submitting a letter for reconsideration. My recruiter said that basically I would have to either get a Masters, or another Bachelors degree. The only different so far is that I have completed a couple of IT certifications. By the time March comes around, I should have several more. I dont think it matters though.

das

Contributor
JasonB and everyone else out there, if this is something you want to do, go after it and don't give up!

I just received my Final Select letter!! This is truly a proud and humbling moment. I look forward to the opportunities to serve that lie ahead. Thanks to all here at AW for your advice and support!

I plan to keep applying until I am too old, or I get selected. Its a setback to have to wait until Sept '11, but I will endure and wait.

Paul Robichaux

What boards are scheduled for CY11? I haven't found any reference to any IP/IW boards and that's making me wonder what the drop-dead date for my package should be.

PapaK

JasonB, not to step on the recruiter's toes but I have been told by several baby officers (Ensigns) that PERSISTENCE IS KEY. In fact, one told me the selection board "loves persistence. They eat that sh*t up!" So with your many IT certs, I'd call it a positive change and resubmit with the letter to reconsider. I've learned that if the rules do not say "DO NOT," then do do do. Full Steam Ahead! Don't give up the ship, EVER.

das

Contributor
Just wanted to follow up and share the news that I was officially sworn in today. This was the culmination of a many-year process for me, and today I have come to the end of that road, and the beginning of a new one. Thanks to all for your support, and to others who have this as a goal: GO FOR IT! There will be bumps along the way, but as you improve yourself, you will only become a better person for your efforts!