• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2010 DCO/DIRCOM boards: questions, answers, and discussion

das

Contributor
I dont think I showed enough leadership in my application. I will improve upon that next time, and show that I am actively pursuing my Masters degree as well. I wonder if the letter will explain why I was not selected?

The results letter doesn't explain individually why people weren't selected, but it does say the general characteristics shared by people who were selected, and you can tailor your application package to highlight the things the board is looking for. Priorities do change from board to board, but things like leadership experience and advanced educational work are pretty consistent.

GIJ316

So, everything is quiet...do we know if the list is out? Still waiting to hear the outcome.
Congrats to those who have received selection!

prozoe1985

GIJ316 same here, I am still waiting to hear from my recruiter. I email him after I heard that some of the folks on this posted stated that they received info from their recruiter that the were selected/not selected. I have not gotten an email reply from him since I email him on Saturday. The first time I was not selected in March he was very prompt in replying me so I hope this is a good sign. It is strange that some people got the results right away and others have to wait for a long time. This process is very convoluted!

jtpiatt

I'm in the same boat, so to speak. No word yet from my recruiter, but when I spoke to him last week he advised me to expect something by the end of this week...

das

Contributor
DAS - just thought I would stop by and show my ignorance a bit.

What is METOC?

The only stupid question is the one not asked.

METOC = Meteorology and Oceanography (OCEANO)

METOC is one of the IDC communities, alongside INTEL, IP, and IW (and Space Cadre).

Whenever you come across a term or acronym you don't know, throwing it into Google along with "Navy" (or "military" for more generic terms) usually yields the answer.

Talked to my recruiter today, and he informed that there will be a Mar '11 board happening. Im hoping to make that board. He was saying depending on the date of my non selection on the letter, that I may not be able to make that board.

das

Contributor
Talked to my recruiter today, and he informed that there will be a Mar '11 board happening. Im hoping to make that board. He was saying depending on the date of my non selection on the letter, that I may not be able to make that board.

There is a MAR board happening, scheduled for 21-24MAR11. However, the information I had from a few weeks ago was that it was anticipated to be an INTEL PR only to select remaining FY11 INTEL quotas. Obviously, things always change, and this may not be accurate. But as the board approaches, I'd make sure to double check this.

If you want to PM me your names, Ill shoot my recruiter an email tomorrow to ask if your names are on the selection list.

prozoe1985

Gents I think it's a good sign for us all. If we were not selected our recruiter would have told us so by now. Take this for what it is worth, there are two phases to the board or to the selection process. When your recruiter receive your package it is forwarded to his recruiting district. After his recruiting district recieive all the packages they will filter it and make another selection to forward to the actual board. One of the question that most people do not ask is whether or not the name was on the list that was sent to the actual board in Millington TN. Most recruiter to not tell you this. So after the board meets recruiter can easily tell you that you were not selected because your name did not make it to the actual board. Your chances are much greater if your name is on the list that left your recruuiter PM district to the board in Millington. Some recruiter may have the inside scoop as to who gets selected after the board meets some may not. So those who got calls from their recruiter may know something that other recruiter do know........oh well such is life.

So have hope no news could be good news. When you are selected you will received an email from your detailer designate welcoming you. This is what I got from a recruiter friend.

das

Contributor
Well, judging by how things have gone in the past, I think most folks here who intended to submit a package actually had a package before the board. If your package didn't even make it to the board for whatever reason, you should know that by now, and generally recruiters aren't working with people unless they are strong candidates.

Navy Recruiting Command is instructed to not submit candidates who don't have top-notch qualifications. For INTEL, for example, the NIRR OIC conducts a "pre-interview" to determine whether it's even worthwhile to proceed with panel interviews and the rest of the process.

NRDs are supposed to weed out candidates that aren't appropriate to be submitted. It's true that Navy Personnel Command in Millington does a review of packages before the board. For example, 7 of the 262 applicants weren't considered because of incomplete packages/missing items -- but their names are also on the list.

However, the final results letter is out, with all the names -- select ("professionally recommended"), and non-select. It is a letter that is sent to Commander, Navy Recruiting Command, that gets distributed by NRC to the NRDs and your recruiters. Apparently this hasn't made it to the "normal" spots yet.

prozoe1985

Das can I send you a PM for you to check with your recruiter and see if my name is on the list or not? Just found out that my recruiter is on vacation until Oct. 5th.