• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2006 Bah

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Nothing across the street from PJC is worth living in. Unless you like hiding out in Kmart.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Do you think they'll take into account the fact that Santa Rosa is now a wet county? Costs of living will certainly go up, I hope BAH matches it.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
I second the call for higher BAH in Oak Harbor, this place is far too expensive for the BAH you get.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
For those of us going to Marine OCS in January, who are married, we rate BAH for the area that our dependents live in, correct? Also, does BAH come in the same check as pay or no? Lastly, is it taxed like normal salary or is it untaxable income?

I am trying to help my wife know what to expect while I am gone.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Come on, VA Beach... keep that $$$ coming...

BAH is non-taxable... and it comes in the same check as base pay... but everyone does direct deposit, so it just gets wired to your account same time

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Has anyone ever actually seen the BAH rate go down? I have only ever seen it increase and the notion of the cost of living decreasing seems unlikely. For the record, BAH out here in SOCAL is ~$2K.

Brett

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
that is such horseshit, Whidbey went up a whole $3 for an O2

too bad the typical house here has gone up a $100k in the last year

morons

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
Punk said:
that is such horseshit, Whidbey went up a whole $3 for an O2

too bad the typical house here has gone up a $100k in the last year

morons

Add me to the mad Whidbey people. There is not a single house on the Whidbey Homes for Rent website that would be covered by O-1 or O-2 BAH.

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
Well, Jax is up only $44, but Brunswick is up $116 for me (O2E w/dep).

Good times.

Sorry to hear about you guys in Whidbey.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Mefesto said:
Va Bch went up 97 bucks for O-2 w/o... still 1178 won't get you anywhere near a mortgage payment... guess I gotta wait for O-3 (and marry a rich girl).

I may be not be a mathemagician, but it comes pretty darned close to mine..

Status
Not open for further replies.