• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2006 Bah

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Mefesto said:
Va Bch went up 97 bucks for O-2 w/o... still 1178 won't get you anywhere near a mortgage payment... guess I gotta wait for O-3 (and marry a rich girl).

A partial mortgage payment is better then none at all... If I was you, I wouldnt let it stop me from getting a place (or at least seriously looking for one). If you can survive a mortgage now, it will be better when you pickup that second year of O-2 or O-3.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Kathy said:
Add me to the mad Whidbey people. There is not a single house on the Whidbey Homes for Rent website that would be covered by O-1 or O-2 BAH.
Stop complaining. Rents, as opposed to real estate prices, have barely gone up at all since the housing boom in Whidbey. Many home prices have doubled in the last 3 years.

Brett

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
Brett327 said:
Stop complaining. Rents, as opposed to real estate prices, have barely gone up at all since the housing boom in Whidbey. Many home prices have doubled in the last 3 years.

Brett

I only posted that link to prove a point. We've already purchased a house in Oak Harbor.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Brett327 said:

Brett

Yeah, they were outrageous in the first place and have remained that way. God forbid you actually try to buy a place now. Being an island, there really isn't that much to rent anyways.

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Single guys doing better in Newport.

O-4 w/ +99
O-4 w/o +189

Small benefit to being a "born-again bachelor".

sarnav

San Diego

Nice, SD must have become cheaper, they just didn't tell anyone. How is it that E-6 and E-7 lost over 100 dollars and every one elses went up in SD? One more reason to get that O-1E pay I guess. Still sucks. Just to be certain though-since I am already residing there (or my wife is for that matter) my rate stays the same?
V/r
SN

IRfly

None
sarnav said:
Nice, SD must have become cheaper, they just didn't tell anyone. How is it that E-6 and E-7 lost over 100 dollars and every one elses went up in SD? One more reason to get that O-1E pay I guess. Still sucks. Just to be certain though-since I am already residing there (or my wife is for that matter) my rate stays the same?
V/r
SN

Don't know why some would go up and others down, but it won't go down for those already living there--at least, according to the BAH primer (p 5).

http://www.defenselink.mil/militarypay/pay/bah/01_level.html

bennett4362

deployment sucks
Brett327 said:
Stop complaining. Brett

ok, mr. $2K bah man who doesn't even live in oak harbor.

i'm with kathy and the others who actually live in oak harbor, the bah is totally unacceptable, especially at the O1-O2 ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.