• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

DravenReed990

Hell yeah! That is good. My processor said I was rescheduled for the Jan 22nd class but got rescheduled again unfortunately. Hearing people from the board I was on leaving again is good news though!

GoldLeaf

Hell yeah! That is good. My processor said I was rescheduled for the Jan 22nd class but got rescheduled again unfortunately. Hearing people from the board I was on leaving again is good news though!
Yeah, I just lucked out and got sent early back in Sept. Good luck to y’all! It’s “fun”!

DravenReed990

Good on you! I am super excited! I was in Marine Corps for 5 years before I got out and got my degree so I am definitely mentally ready for the "fun" lol.

GoldLeaf

What would you say was the hardest part for you at OCS though?
Rolling into H company and moving back a class. I was there 15 weeks instead of 13. When you first get to OCS it can feel like it’s personal sometimes but at the end when you are on “the other side” during candio you’ll see it’s not. A lot of it is making sure your head is in the right place. I showed up in great shape, but ~55-65% of people roll. Of the class I rolled in to which started with close to 100 people only 35-40 of the original remained and 30-40 of us rolled in. However, I wouldn’t have changed anything. I met some of the greatest people ever and H company teaches you a lot about yourself. Everyone is hard until adversity kicks you in the teeth.

Mouselovr

Contributor
Rolling into H company and moving back a class. I was there 15 weeks instead of 13. When you first get to OCS it can feel like it’s personal sometimes but at the end when you are on “the other side” during candio you’ll see it’s not. A lot of it is making sure your head is in the right place. I showed up in great shape, but ~55-65% of people roll. Of the class I rolled in to which started with close to 100 people only 35-40 of the original remained and 30-40 of us rolled in. However, I wouldn’t have changed anything. I met some of the greatest people ever and H company teaches you a lot about yourself. Everyone is hard until adversity kicks you in the teeth.
^ This.
Normalizing rolling into H is critical public information. The number of people that either don't understand what it is, get super bummed and/or DOR when they roll is staggering.

When I was a candio, we had an indoc who rolled to H, DOR'ed thinking he was being attrited then *un*DOR'ed himself bc he realized H was a temporary holding for a 2nd shot not a boot out the door, lol.

Try to avoid getting rolled into H, but if it happens, dont let it shake you.