• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

18 Oct OCS trying again to meet significant others

Status
Not open for further replies.

slabicro

Helo wife
Cody,
Great to have you here and congrats on the new one on the way
bouncy_125.gif
That IS exciting even though you will not be there with her. That must be very hard. I would love to chat with her so tell her to join. Plus, many of us chat under the private spouses section.

Take care
Renee
bouncy_125.gif

JenniH

Jennifer
Hey Cody. My husband recently graduated from OCS and I was pregnant at the time too. Our son was born 6 weeks before his graduation. He happened to be born on a weekend so my JP was able to be there with me. Also, talk to your team leader lieutenant and see if arrangements could be made for you to be there with your wife. I'm here in Pcola, so let me know if you have any questions...and your wife can join us in the board too! Good luck!

slvinst8

Heather, I wouldn't put too much stock into that military wife thing! Of course their are women/men in the military that can't seem to pull their heads out of their own asses, but it's too bad for them! I've seen a little bit of what you are talking about, but I'm pretty sure that the majority of us really don't care if you are married or not, just as long as you love and support one another. Plus, I'm just interested in meeting some really neat people!
Cody, Good luck to you and your wife! I know that she has the support of all the awesome women in these posts. You are leaving her in good hands. Make sure before you leave that you get a power of attorney, as well as emergency contacts, to give to your wife and maybe the closest family member or friend you have! Take care, and good luck to you through your OCS adventure!

slabicro

Helo wife
This post hasn't been active lately but I figure now we have a little over a week and more people are looking at this site
bouncy_125.gif
I have only been in contact with Heather, Cameron and Kelly but I know there MUST be some more significant others out there!! So, please send them our way! Once you join I am sure Kathy will move you to the private section so we can chat more about our SO's once they leave and offer our support. I know I will need it! I feel like the more people I know the better
bouncy_125.gif

Renee

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
Naida - I actually added your name sometime last week when you first logged on. Are you not seeing the private section messages? Try clicking this link. If it doesn't work, let me know.

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=40

kelly

D_macs Wife
HI ladies!!! Well, I don't know about everyone elses SO's, but D_mac05 has left. He left Wednesday morning, they arrived in P'cola Wednesday evening. D_mac and jroseberry are exploring the sites. I think it was the hardest thing to do sending him off. I have got to talk to him a few times. Has anyone else SO's left yet?
Anyone else making plans for DO yet? I have been scoping out airline tickets.
Talk to you all soon.

Kelly

tfletcher1

SWO-EDO Wife
My name is Tabitha and my husband is in the 18 Oct class. He headed out this morning. We are in SC and will be here until he graduates. We have 3 kids and just found out a few days ago that #4 is on the way. I think we are planning on going down to Pcola around the weekend after Thanksgiving (provided they have liberty) and graduation. I would love to keep in touch with anyone in the same boat.

st1977

Girls,

Hang in there! I know it was tough to see your SOs leave. My SO started OCS two weeks ago. The first week is extremely tough as you already know. Good luck to all of you, and hopefully we'll meet at the DO!

slabicro

Helo wife
Hi Tabitha. Great to have you! There is a posting under the private spouses corner which you are added to now as well. What is your SO's designator? My SO left this morning...man it already stinks!

Take care
Renee

tfletcher1

SWO-EDO Wife
Hi. My husband has been in for 11 years and you would think I would know what designator means. Are you talking about what he is going to OCS for? He will be SWO EDO if that makes sense. At least that is what he told me and I may even have it backwards. I just got a call from him and he is almost in Pcola and I lost it. You would think I have never been away from him. I don't know how I survived with him going out to sea for the first 4 years we were married. He is supposed to call me when he gets to the hotel and I can't wait to hear his voice again. I will be reading the private spouses forum and hopefully will learn a little something. I have no idea what to expect with him at OCS. I just hope that they aren't too hard on him.

schriver

Hello! My name is Kristen, and my husband is also in this OCS class. We have been married for 10 years and he has been in the Navy for just about the same. We live in SC and have been here for 3 1/2 years, our longest time in one place. The kids and I are counting the days until Christmas break since I am not sure about Thanksgiving.
Take Care!

htorres

SubNuke Girlfriend
Hi, my name is Heidi and my boyfriend was in the 08-04 class but because of medical things he is pushed back to the nov. 1st class...I think. Anyone have any experience with people being held back a class? Just wanted to say hi to all of you and hang in there. I hope we hear from them soon.

gagirl

Hey Heidi,

I will check on having you added to the private spouses corner. there are some people at OCS that read this and can give our men a hard time for it. I'll check with Kathy.
Good luck to your boyfriend. My husband will be his candi-o or candidate officer.
have a great night.
Anne

Status
Not open for further replies.