• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

18 Oct OCS trying again to meet significant others

Status
Not open for further replies.

slabicro

Helo wife
My husband is in the 18 Oct OCS class and I so far have one person who I know will be going through the same hardship (without him) at the same time as me
bouncy_125.gif
We can post here and under the private section once we all meet and get to know one another some. We will need the support I am sure!

Cameron, if you hear of anyone else refer them here
bouncy_125.gif
Where are you both from? My husband and I live in Jacksonville, Fl

Renee

cechorn

IP wife
Travis and I live in Houston, TX. Since we aren't married, I will be staying in Houston while he is in OCS and Flight School. I am hopefully going to drive with him to Pensacola so maybe I will get to meet everyone then. This is going to be a very hard time in our lives but just think how proud we will be of them.

Hopefully, we can get all the wives/girlfriends on an email list and we can share stories that we hear with each other. This is a great idea! Way to take the initiative.

Do you have any kids? What made your husband want to do this?

slabicro

Helo wife
Cameron,
I started a section under the private spouses corner so we can chat. I saw you were added already to it. Also, Bart and D_mac05 have wives/girlfriends that will eventually be joining the site.

Renee

kelly

D_macs Wife
Hi, I am D_mac05's wife. I am new at all of this, but I think this is a great way to meet new people that will be going through the same thing as me in a few months. We are from Indianapolis, IN. We have been married for almost three years. We have twin daughters that will turn one on July 23. I will be staying here in Indiana when he leaves. I plan to move with him when he goes to Primary. He will need his extra time in OCS and Pre-flight to study. And won't have alot of time to spend with us. So, I desided to stay here with family and friends till then. I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Kelly

allicat

Hello,
This is Bart's (actually Brett) girlfriend. My boyfriend is also reporting to OCS Oct 18. Brett and I will be enduring a separation during his OCS and pilot training. I live in Boulder where I will be starting graduate school this fall. Brett and I met at the University of Washington in Seattle and we both just graduated with our undergraduate degrees last month. Brett is currently still living in Washington but will be staying with me for about a month before he reports to Pensacola. Unfortunately, I will not be able to go down with him when he does report. I will be tied up with school.
I think what you guys have got going here is great!! A good way to keep each other informed and provide support for one another. Explain to me more what the private spouses corner is. Is it separate from this?
I have read what you guys have already posted and would like to learn more about you all. Hope to hear from you soon!!

-Allison

SNA Girlfriend

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
Allison - The private spouse's corner is a forum on here that only significant others that have been added to a list can view. It's just a private place where we can support each other without worrying about who else is reading it.
icon_smile.gif

I've added both of you to the list. Welcome!

Kathy

slabicro

Helo wife
In the private spouses section we can chat a little more openly and it's private. I have started a new one in there so Allison and Kelly check in there
bouncy_125.gif

Renee

smellyheather

Hi-My boyfriend will be in the OCT 18 class. He currently lives in Washington and I live in Tennessee. I just finished nursing school and will be moving to Pensacola in January. We have spent over a year apart and I am looking forward to being with him again. But I am very nervous and have no idea what to expect. Its great hearing how there are others out there going thru the same thing as I am. I hope to hear from all of you soon.
~Heather

slabicro

Helo wife
Heather,
Welcome and congrats on school:) I am a nurse so we can learn from one another! What speciality area are you working in? I am in chronic dialysis right now while finishing up graduate school to be an NP. Join us in the private spouses section. It looks like we now have 5 girlfriends/wives for the Oct 18 class
bouncy_125.gif
Heather, Allison, Cameron, Kelly and myself

take care

Renee

smellyheather

I just read that military wives aren't going to be very friendly to the girlfriends because they don't have a commitment. Is that how its going to be for me when I move to Pensacola? I was nervous about not knowing anybody but Mike down there but now i'm scared!

slabicro

Helo wife
Don't worry about this military wife
bouncy_125.gif
I can't see why that would be true. I don't care if a ring is on your finger or not...a committment is a committment regardless
icon_smile.gif
marriage just makes it legal. I will be in Pcola in March or so and I can't wait to meet you
icon_smile.gif

Renee

slabicro

Helo wife
Looks like there is another member who is joining the class, Jeremy (jswise). Maybe we will have another significant other
bouncy_125.gif

Renee

cod17

Hello Renee, my name is Cody, and I am going to OCS 01 Nov 03. I am married, and my wife won't know anybody down there either. We live in Baton Rouge, LA right now, and she will be moving down there in March since we are just 2 weeks behind you all. What complicates the situation is that she is pregnant with our first child, and she is due the 23rd of November. I am not excited about that, because the Navy moved my original OCS date from June to November for no apparent reason. Oh well, but I will try and get my wife on this site so she can chat with you all. Talk to you later.

Cody

slvinst8

If any of you need someonw to talk to or just want to hang with a cool chick, I can give you my sisters e-mail address to get in touch! Her husband graduated from OCS in January, so she is very aware of everything that you will be going through. Her husband is doing his training at Whiting! They have lived in Milton since February, so they are now pretty fimiliar with the whole Pensacola scene!

Status
Not open for further replies.