• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 Dead, 31 Wounded @ FT HOOD

E26

Could it possibly be that he was just a crazy mothafvcka who happened to be Muslim, rather than a Muslim radical executing a maniacal terrorist plot against the U.S.?

Agreed. The news focuses too much on his ethnicity and religion, which stated in my earlier posts, worries me.

Respectfully, what's with everyone lining up for the death penalty? Is it worse to end a man's misery, or to let him torment himself and slowly lose his mind in a 5x5 box?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
...Could it possibly be that he was just a crazy mothafvcka who happened to be Muslim, rather than a Muslim radical executing a maniacal terrorist plot against the U.S.?....
Yeah, it's possible ... but the gate security was WAAAAAYYY up @ NAS today ... just don't park w/in 50 yards of the NEX ... and so is the possibility that the Moon is made of green cheese ... and he could have even been a Moonie (no connection to THE moon) or a Dyanetics follower at heart ... but since the AP is reporting that 'soldiers' said he was shouting[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]"Allahu Akbar!"[/FONT] while pulling the trigger(s) ... and prior to the event he [FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]'gave leftover frozen broccoli to one neighbor'[/FONT] .... AN OBVIOUS ATTEMPT TO KILL AN INFIDEL !!!

I'm gonna' go w/ the 'best guess' that this asshole was a Muslim-rad (for whatever reason he conjured up his hatred and destruction against his mother country) and had planned this in his deranged, Muslim psychiatrist mind way ... waaaaaaaayyy ... waaaaaaaayyyyyyy before he was doin' the deed for 'Allah'.

Death penalty??? If I'd got him down ... I would have walked/crawled over and put one in his head. Or gouged his eyes out. I would award him a personal 'death penalty', if you will ...

Either way ... just to protect myself ... and the innocents.

Cleonard19

Contributor
That the 'suspect' might have 'fought' for the enemy is really just semantics and is just a distraction. He will, at the very least, be spending the rest of his life in jail. Whether it is a longer or shorter life will be up to the judicial system.

For those advocating a firing squad, it was often been considered a more honorable way for a soldier to die than hanging, the more 'common' way to die. Just figured you all might want to know.....

Personally, I'm down for giving him the order to be drawn and quartered until found dead.

He deserves pain.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
What is important to keep in mind with respect the Secretary and the Army COS talking about this tragedy is that what they say can directly impact future legal proceedings. How? Among other things, I am pretty certain the Secretary orders the execution of soldiers/signs the death warrant. That is on top of all the other authority they have being at the top of the Army food chain.

So would you rather them be reticent with their public comments or foul up future criminal proceedings against the shooter, possibly delaying his execution? I think I would err on the side of being cautious, like they have, and let law enforcement and our judicial system do the rest.

If you think I am on the far left you might want to recage you gyros. While many of my colleagues are to the right of me, some are to the left and then there are plenty that think a lot like me. It takes all types, believe it or not.

And since when the hell did the politics of someone covering your ass matter anyways? Shouldn't there be other things you are worried about when the shit hits the fan than who they voted for, like can they shoot or fly straight?

Well, we've already had one president (Clinton) who looked on Islamic jihadism as a law 'n order issue. Personally, I was more impressed with George Bush who viewed it as war and reacted accordingly. Unfortunately, our new president seems to think they're not even criminal - just confused, historically abused & generally misunderstood [by the West]. It's a big tent, so I'll be quiet for awhile & see where the Glorious Leader takes us all.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, we've already had one president (Clinton) who looked on Islamic jihadism as a law 'n order issue. Personally, I was more impressed with George Bush who viewed it as war and reacted accordingly. Unfortunately, our new president seems to think they're not even criminal - just confused, historically abused & generally misunderstood [by the West]. It's a big tent, so I'll be quiet for awhile & see where the Glorious Leader takes us all.

What has President Obama said or done that would lead you to believe that he thinks Jihadists shouldn't be killed on the battlefield, or prosecuted in court? Last time I checked, we're still wasting Taliban via Predator over in Afghanistan and since that's Obama's policy, I kinda beg to differ with your assessment.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
MP's just left my neighborhood... not good... lots of cars in front of house down the street. Standing by for media blitz tomorrow, will park the minivan lengthwise across the street to block it if need be. Hope they are respectful.

Crap.

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
Agreed. The news focuses too much on his ethnicity and religion, which stated in my earlier posts, worries me.

Respectfully, what's with everyone lining up for the death penalty? Is it worse to end a man's misery, or to let him torment himself and slowly lose his mind in a 5x5 box?
Really dude? Posting information such as the fact that he handed out Qurans to his apartment neighbors that day, or his mosque, or that he allegedly yelled "Allahu akbar" before shooting is responsible reporting.

As for the death penalty, my personal belief is that we should give people solitary with a life sentence and no chance of ever getting out rather than death. Too many have fried and later been proven innocent.

But since we have the death penalty, this is the perfect place to use it. To say that he shouldn't get the death penalty implies there's something unique about this guy that warrants him getting a free ride while people who have committed less evil acts get lethal injections.

AJTranny

Over to the dark side I go...
pilot
None
Responsible reporting only if it's accurate. I think it's safe to say that the whole story isn't known yet. Maybe we are drawing too many conclusions from an event that barely happened a day ago.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
This is the ONLY WAY ... for me ... that Muslims in the USA can 'atone' for 9/11 and/or 'prove' their pride in US citizenship and commitment to the greatest country this sorry ol' planet has EVER produced:

Emulate these guys ... hard core ... stalwarts all ... the 442nd Regimental Combat Team

Otherwise ... shut the fuck up/get the fuck out.

What's that ol' saw ... ??? AMERICA ... LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT ... ????

If you don't 'like' my sentiment -- FUCK YOU