• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 Dead, 31 Wounded @ FT HOOD

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That the 'suspect' might have 'fought' for the enemy is really just semantics and is just a distraction. He will, at the very least, be spending the rest of his life in jail. Whether it is a longer or shorter life will be up to the judicial system.

For those advocating a firing squad, it was often been considered a more honorable way for a soldier to die than hanging, the more 'common' way to die. Just figured you all might want to know.....

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Our glorious leader has asked all americans not to jump to conclusions?! Allahu Akkbar, followed by 40-some shots, all witnessed by hundreds. What parallel universe does he inhabit?

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Pardon my lack of vision here, but short of some kind of irony regarding shooting a shooter, why does it matter how he is executed? If we want him to suffer, how about prison?

Has the world always been this fucked up?

My guess is yes. We just get to see more of it in this day and age.

FlyingOnFumes

Nobel WAR Prize Aspirant
...has a Middle Eastern name, and every time I read it my heart sinks, because it means that's just another event that will be associated to my Arabic name.

Remember that Medal of Honor recipient MA2 (SEAL) Michael Monsoor was of Arab descent on his dad's side (hence his last name).

And on the flip side, Richard Reid (the shoe bomber) and José Padilla were both Islamic terrorists.

It's not just about name...

yak52driver

Contributor
Pardon my lack of vision here, but short of some kind of irony regarding shooting a shooter, why does it matter how he is executed? If we want him to suffer, how about prison?

My guess is yes. We just get to see more of it in this day and age.

Concur. Thirty years ago the new coverage wasn't what it is today, 24X7X365...

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot

I vote for stoning, burning, or being stuffed in a 2'x2' box.

The ol' draw and quarter is pretty sweet too.

Will_T

Will_T
What a sad event, that so many men and women were killed or wounded, lets keep them and their families in our thoughts and prayers. I cannot imagine losing a family member in the military, that was in America. Its unbelievable some times.
That said, I do second(ninety-second?) the death penalty, there is no greater punishment for someone who ended the lives of so many, then to end his.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Has the world always been this fucked up?
Probably .. but in the past there didn't seem to be so many amongst us possessed of an inclination to come out of the 'closet' and wreak havoc on the rest of us like seems to be the norm today ...

The problem today?? There's many things, but here's part of it: I just listened to the Army Chief of Staff and Army Secretary talk @ Ft. HOOD ... and I can say without hesitation or reservation that I have not heard -- not for a long, long time -- such an utter load of PC bullshit from two who should 'know' the score ... it makes it easy to see in which camp they place their allegiance and future career prospects ...

PC: that's a big part of the 'problem' in the world today ... we can't call a spade a spade. We can't say the 'uncomfortable'. And that lack of honesty allows a lot of completely unacceptable behavior to survive and flourish ... that's one big reason why this world and especially this Country seem to be visibly 'this fucked up' more so than in times past ... it's got to stop.

Just my $20 worth ...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The problem today??.....I just listened to the Army Chief of Staff and Army Secretary talk @ Ft. HOOD ... and I can say without hesitation or reservation that I have not heard -- not for a long, long time -- such an utter load of PC bullshit from two who should 'know' the score ... it makes it easy to see in which camp they place their allegiance and future career prospects ...

PC: that's a big part of the 'problem' in the world today ... we can't call a spade a spade. We can't say the 'uncomfortable'......Just my $20 worth ...

Maybe they are doing their job and letting the justice system take it's course. Pretty cynical to think that they are primarily thinking of their future career prospects. Any stupid comments coming from them could fuck things up in the long run. Maybe that is part of the reason why they are in charge.......

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
For the win:

Probably .. but in the past there didn't seem to be so many amongst us possessed of an inclination to come out of the 'closet' and wreak havoc on the rest of us like seems to be the norm today ...

The problem today?? There's many things, but here's part of it: I just listened to the Army Chief of Staff and Army Secretary talk @ Ft. HOOD ... and I can say without hesitation or reservation that I have not heard -- not for a long, long time -- such an utter load of PC bullshit from two who should 'know' the score ... it makes it easy to see in which camp they place their allegiance and future career prospects ...

PC: that's a big part of the 'problem' in the world today ... we can't call a spade a spade. We can't say the 'uncomfortable'. And that lack of honesty allows a lot of completely unacceptable behavior to survive and flourish ... that's one big reason why this world and especially this Country seem to be visibly 'this fucked up' more so than in times past ... it's got to stop.

Just my $20 worth ...

:icon_mi_6:icon_boun

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
and maybe we have some sycophantic flag officers as well. Just something to ponder.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Maybe they are doing their job .... Any stupid comments coming from them could fuck things up in the long run. Maybe that is part of the reason why they are in charge.......

Bullshit. Leave it to you to take up a defense of PC. Some things are just so predictable -- wish I could count on this kind of a sure thing at Vegas.

Since we're doin' 'maybes' ... MAYBE they are "in charge" 'cause they mouth the company line ... if they don't, then they are gone. And if saying 'any stupid comment' is a potential problem -- how 'bout saying NOTHING at all until all the info is in ... ???
What a pleasant change that would be .. because what they DID say was disingenuous at best. What they DID say was the PC bullshit equivalent to meet this situation that is a mirror of the PC bullshit that is ruining this country. Saying 'something' requires them to put a PC 'non-judgmental' face on a Muslim killing USGI's in this country -- I suppose that's why they felt the need to 'speak'. I would counsel them to keep quiet for now ... but then, as you point out -- I'm not in charge. :sleep_125

Not enough people know how to keep their mouth shut and just do their job these days.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Bullshit. Leave it to you to take up a defense of PC. Some things are just so predictable -- wish I could count on this kind of a sure thing at Vegas.

And it would be so predictable that you would rail against those in charge beacuse of how screwed they are, sound familiar? Not so much of a defense of being PC as pointing out the fallacy of your argument. It is easy to criticize from the outside.

What they DID say was the PC bullshit equivalent to meet this situation that is a mirror of the PC bullshit that is ruining this country.

Ruining the country, really?

Not enough people know how to keep their mouth shut and just do their job these days.

At least we can take comfort of speaking truth to power on the internets.

The shooter will get his due and he will have to answer for his crime, in this life and the next. Take some solace in that, I am.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
P.S. Nation & State of Texas need to give a medal to Ft. Hood police Sgt. Kimberley Munley who, despite being shot in the hip herself, shot Hasan 4 times & then subdued him. What a warrior.

Concur. She's a hero in the truest sense of the word.

Brett