• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1 more for 23OCT board

Sierra_Hotel

Wearing a big watch and crushing egos...
pilot
Guess I'll post some stats. I've been Lurking for the last 5 months.
25/m

UCSD
3.00 GPA
Cognitive Science

58/7/8/7 ASTB

9 excellent LORs, Brig Gen (USAF Ret.), Capt (Navy Ret.), Lt. Col. (USAF Ret.), Capt. (USMC), California Senator (Family friend), UCSD Dr. (Triathlon Training Buddy), + Employers 3

1400+ Hrs, CFI/II, Instructor for 2 years

UCSD Cycling and Triathlon teams
3 Half Ironman events
Good volunteer work

Applying for OCS SNA

speeddypat

None
hey, i just graduated from ucsd in june and i'm in the midst of getting my packet together so i'll be a few boards behind you... just wanted to wish you good luck, sounds like you're pretty solid with everything so hopefully you'll get accepted!

speeddypat

None
i've actually been in helena, mt so i've been working with a lt. from spokane actually haha... but im moving back in about a month so if my ap isnt ready yet i'll probably be working with the guys in SD

tiger84

LT
pilot
Hello everyone. I've been lurking for a while too and since my application just managed to get into the October board I figured it was about time I posted something. So, here are my stats:

22 year old male
Princeton University
3.20 GPA
Mechanical Engineering
Aerospace Engineering

65/8/9/9 ASTB

LORS: 2x high school teachers, 1x thesis advisor, 1x Aerospace department head at Princeton, 1x O-1 from the academy who's currently in API (it's no O-5 but I've known him my whole life)

Unfortunately, I don't have much in the way of flight hours, but I've got plenty of leadership and athletic extracurriculars.

Applying for SNA and SNFO out of NRD Phoenix.

cmquaker

I have almost identical stats to Tiger, except I went to a better school:).

22 y/o male
Univ. of Pennsylvania
3.6 BS Economics, minor in Math

66 8/8/9

No flight hours; LOR from current and past employers, academic adviser, professor I did research; decent extracurriculars.

My package was submitted early last week, I hope it made it for the Oct board.

thull

What OCS date is the 23 Oct board looking to place you in? I heard (at least for Marines) that OCS Air slots are filled until next fall..Are Navy slots available before then?

also people posting stats should do so in the "stats & scores" thread for easy future reference..

borinf2d

T-Bone
21 y/o male
Embry-Riddle
3.6 BS aeronautical science, minor air traffic control

66 9/9/9

250 flight hours commercial instrument LOA'S: From previous employers

been waiting since early september to get looked at, looks like there are some strong applicants for this board. Do they have a limit for a board, or if they have alot of qualified people will they take all of them?

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
What OCS date is the 23 Oct board looking to place you in? I heard (at least for Marines) that OCS Air slots are filled until next fall..Are Navy slots available before then?

Navy seems to accept people based upon FY rather than specific OCS dates. Especially since it seems to take anywhere from <1 month to 3 months to get final selected and an OCS date after going to the board.

No idea on the status of Navy slots.

(Currently at 2 months and waiting ...... and waiting)

Sierra_Hotel

Wearing a big watch and crushing egos...
pilot
I was told by a reliable source that there are 4 pilot slots open for this board...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

also people posting stats should do so in the "stats & scores" thread for easy future reference..

And people talking about Marine OCS should do so in the Marine OCS area and not the Navy OCS area. ;)

Brett