• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1 more for 23OCT board

snake020

Contributor
9 excellent LORs, Brig Gen (USAF Ret.), Capt (Navy Ret.), Lt. Col. (USAF Ret.), Capt. (USMC), California Senator (Family friend), UCSD Dr. (Triathlon Training Buddy), + Employers 3

And a 14 page resume to go along with that?

More is not always better; most packages typically want 3 letters, so pick the strongest ones.

bgatheri

Wondering how many are for strait OCS

Hey guys I have been lurking around here for a while too, and I was just wondering if all you guys/girls above that have posted stats, are applying for strait up OCS or are you applying for the BDCP program.. Just curious??

bgatheri

What did you study

Cool well good luck to you guys!! I am also got my stuff in for OCS SNA on the Oct. board, but didn't post my stats because your guys ASTB score has blowin my out of the water.. I got 48 6 7 6... What did you guys study, Just the ARCO book and Marine gouge.. or did you have some other things I haven't heard of!! I haven't given up yet, and my recuiter said my package was rock solid, and the only the board could possibly.... get me on is my test score.. Good luck still to guys!!

Hope for the best, and plan for the worst!!

tiger84

LT
pilot
What did you guys study, Just the ARCO book and Marine gouge.. or did you have some other things I haven't heard of!!

I have the ARCO book and I used the Marine study guide that's floating around this site. There's also a post somewhere with a list of links that had some great info, especially with regard to nautical information. However, I had pretty much all of the material on the ASTB in one form or another in my physics and engineering courses. The only new thing was the spacial apperception section, which just makes sense to me and wasn't really a problem.

cmquaker

What did you guys study, Just the ARCO book and Marine gouge.. or did you have some other things I haven't heard of!!

I studied for the LSAT in January. The LSAT has very difficult reading comprehension questions, so I was well-prepred for the ASTB reading section.

FAA puplications were good for the aero questions, and I have some sailing experience which helped with the nautical questions.

bgatheri

Thanks!! here are my stats

Hey thanks guys for your info.. Yeah if I don't get selected on this board then I just have to find some different way to study for the ASTB, since it looks like I have all the materials necessary to get a higher score... Also here are my stats that I submit

23/male
University of North Dakota
3.62 GPA
BSA Commerical Avaition
BBA Avaition Management

48 6/7/6 ASTB

8 excellent LORs - Ret. Col. (USAF), Ret. Warrent Officer (US Army), Old Instructor (Now Pinnacle First Officer), 5 employers (some of the jobs was working with military)

400+ Hrs, CFI/II & MEI, Instructor for 2 years at UND

Lots of Academic Awards and honors, Lots of leadership experience with college activities and other internships done throughout the years

Done with PFT, and staying fit for MECEPS

Applying for OCS SNA

utak

And a 14 page resume to go along with that?

More is not always better; most packages typically want 3 letters, so pick the strongest ones.

I was told of a dirtybird who simply filled up his application with around 25 letters of recommendation. A Colonel had to call the office to ask who this guy was cause he didn't know anything about the dude.

Incidentally, the one who told me this, works in the same NRD as Sierra Hotel's application...

gtown1

Got Pro Rec'd

FINALLY! Got Pro Rec'd for SWO. Still waiting for the other two.

My stats:
Male, 23 y/o
3.65 GPA
Georgetown University, School of Foreign Service
B.S. International Politics, 2006
ASTB 51

Many thanks to my recruiter, he's been great with helping me through the long process. Still got MEPS and PRTs to go through. Hope I get selected.

GO NAVY!!!

cmquaker

I'm out of the running for this board. I'll have to wait until March 07 because I didn't get the drug waiver I was expecting. In March the drug use will have been a year in the past and will not require a waiver. In the meantime I'll be training for the PRT, and try to get some flight hours and maybe one or two more LOR.

Good luck to the rest of you, I'll be back in March.

bgatheri

Any results posted

Does anyone know a relative date when the Oct. results are going to be released? I have talked with my recruiter and he doesn't seem to know? He thought Oct. 30 was the day, but that has come and gone.:eek: