• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

agoody117

Good Afternoon.

Took the ASTB this morning. Form 3 - only crashed once - wasn't an issue at all.

OAR: 59
AQR: 7
PFAR: 7
FOFAR: 6

I wanted over 60 but I am happy with 59. BTW I am applying Intel, SWO, Supply

the math and the reading were a lot easier than I expected. In retrospect I did not study enough for the aviation/naval terminology. My OR seems happy with my scores and says it will do well with my package.

philipa

I've been studying for quite a while for the ASTB, and, as I am scheduled to take the test on Monday, I'm trying now to focus my studying on the most important subjects and question types. There is an overwhelming amount of study materials available, but some of them seem to have misleading or extraneous information/ practice questions. For example, the Barron's study guide has vocabulary building exercises; however, the ASTB does not have a section that tests word knowledge. Also, the Barron's guide asks the craziest questions like: "What color shirt would a tractor driver or plane handler wear on an aircraft carrier deck?" OR "What is the standard watch length for the Officer on Deck?". Are the Aviation/Nautical Information questions on the actual test this specific and particular? Thanks in advance for the help guys!

JFB

Just took it today. Form 3: 56 6/6/6. I felt I should've done better on the OAR...it must have had some 'tricky' questions...but I won't complain too much since I only did about 10 days of studying. Those who haven't taken it yet...study up on the aeronautical and nautical lingo/terms/etc. That's where I was lacking and I wasn't expecting it to be as 'technical' as it was.

jbombs

I found the thread link to the astb overview, so I guess I did pretty well. I had a 3.0 gpa as a Finance major in college so I'm glad the 60 will help to make me look more competitive. Now I just have to wait for the boards in either Sept or Oct. Hopefully there will be SNA slots open...

SLH350

pilot
My OSO told me the ASTB format is changing soon and thus suggested I take it ASAP. I haven't found anything reflecting that on these boards or when searching google though, does anyone know if this is true? He told me the new one is considerably harder and it would be in my best interests to take the test prior to the change as my scores would probably end up higher despite having less time to study.

GreenLantern330

My OSO told me the ASTB format is changing soon and thus suggested I take it ASAP. I haven't found anything reflecting that on these boards or when searching google though, does anyone know if this is true? He told me the new one is considerably harder and it would be in my best interests to take the test prior to the change as my scores would probably end up higher despite having less time to study.

My OR didn't mention anything about this to me, and I told him I planned on taking it during the fall semester (so anytime from August to December, depending when I feel most prepared). I sure hope this is just speculation or a rumor.

SLH350

pilot
My OR didn't mention anything about this to me, and I told him I planned on taking it during the fall semester (so anytime from August to December, depending when I feel most prepared). I sure hope this is just speculation or a rumor.
It may well be, my OSO is new, he replaced my old one a few weeks ago. None the less I'm aiming to test ASAP to be as competitive as possible.

GreenLantern330

It may well be, my OSO is new, he replaced my old one a few weeks ago. None the less I'm aiming to test ASAP to be as competitive as possible.

I hope some other people here can confirm if this is true or not. I think I'll give my OR a call to see if he knows anything about it. GL taking the ASTB!

SLH350

pilot
I hope some other people here can confirm if this is true or not. I think I'll give my OR a call to see if he knows anything about it. GL taking the ASTB!
Thanks! You too, I'm scheduled to take it first thing monday morning, will update if given any further info on format changes.

jbombs

i took the form 4 yesterday and the supplement section at the end actually asked a few of the same questions again that were earlier in the test pertaining to avation knowledge mostly

rgunders

Hey guys, I am taking my ASTB here pretty soon and I was just wondering if there is anything I need to bring with me other than a photo i.d. and a social security card? I dont need college transcripts or anything like that for just the test section do I?

fjd24

Flight time is good time...
pilot
Hey guys, I am taking my ASTB here pretty soon and I was just wondering if there is anything I need to bring with me other than a photo i.d. and a social security card? I dont need college transcripts or anything like that for just the test section do I?

Nope thats it. Good luck and stay cool!