• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

it is a new thing that was released early this year. Where if you meet a certain score: 7/7/7 for SNA or 6/6/6 for NFO you get immediately selected meaning you skip the board. It usually takes 1-2 months to ship out to OCS though so if you do I-SEL make sure you are ready to go.
I forgot you also need to have a 3.0+ GPA and no waivers

nicksmitty220

it is a new thing that was released early this year. Where if you meet a certain score: 7/7/7 for SNA or 6/6/6 for NFO you get immediately selected meaning you skip the board. It usually takes 1-2 months to ship out to OCS though so if you do I-SEL make sure you are ready to go.
Oh wow yea I’m applying for NFO. Are you sure it’s 6/6/6? I don’t mean to doubt you. My recruiter said 7/7/7 but he didn’t seem so sure about some of the things regarding flight school in general. Imma ask my recruiter about this. Thank you!

dav246

Just got the news this morning folks, I have been selected (pre-select) for SNA with the Marine Corps. I leave in September for OCS.

Just wanted to drop the news and thank everybody on the forum for all the advice and help, never would have made it without you guys.

Nnamdi25

Just got the news this morning folks, I have been selected (pre-select) for SNA with the Marine Corps. I leave in September for OCS.

Just wanted to drop the news and thank everybody on the forum for all the advice and help, never would have made it without you guys.
Congrats bro

You 100% earned it bro. Thanks again for your contributions and all the assistance you've provided.🫡

MrCorsair

Hey guys, just wondering which stick/throttle binding software is preferred (if there is any difference at all). I just purchased a X52 HOTAS, and been seeing a lot of people use AntimicroX and Joy2Key. Is one better than the other or is it all preference?

dav246

Hey guys, just wondering which stick/throttle binding software is preferred (if there is any difference at all). I just purchased a X52 HOTAS, and been seeing a lot of people use AntimicroX and Joy2Key. Is one better than the other or is it all preference?
I tried both, and found I liked Antimicro better. Joy2Key felt a little too tight to me, if that makes sense.

siatak

Should I prioritize spending more time on the questions to get them right over trying to get through all questions?
Obviously you want to get the questions right and as fast as possible. Since the test gets harder As you get them right, and it cuts you off at 14 minutes if you‘re missing question, it make sense to slow down, get the questions right, and not finish the sections. Do you think getting high scores on the questions you finish result in a higher OAR score.

Struggling with the ASTB. I’m on my 3rd and Final try. 36, 39. I’ve been studying hard, but on this third and final try I am reach out to friends and family to help me prepare, as well as understanding the Dynamics of the test. I’m taking two months and training for this test.
I am at that stage right now. I need help getting high scores

DBM

Congrats dav, best of luck with all that you do.