• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

exNavyOffRec

You are correct about that NavyOffRec and I am only 2 months off from that mark so I have been told that I will have a waiver to accord to that issue.

waivers are only issued for those with prior service, it is month for month. Mr. Spenz had a person that aged out in OCS and was not allowed to proceed into aviation, RUFi0181 has some experience in this as well with 2 people aging out while waiting for their FS letters.

The max age is a "commissioned by" age, so a person needs to really be in OCS at least by age 26 and 9 months.

T.Elbert1

waivers are only issued for those with prior service, it is month for month. Mr. Spenz had a person that aged out in OCS and was not allowed to proceed into aviation, RUFi0181 has some experience in this as well with 2 people aging out while waiting for their FS letters.

The max age is a "commissioned by" age, so a person needs to really be in OCS at least by age 26 and 9 months.

Hey, thanks for the reply NavyOffRec. I have been informed by my recruiter that we can continue to push forward here with the pilot path and if it doesn't work out in that manner than so be it. However, I plan on attempting it because I'd rather say I tried than not try at all. There is nothing worse than giving up, even if there is only a slim chance. Again, I appreciate the information and the knowledge to keep my head level and understanding as I go through this process!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

One of my applicants who aged out had a close relative O-6 Naval Aviator who tried to pull strings and even he couldn't get a waiver.

maysoe

Hi all.. i just took OAR today got 50 and my GPA is 3.5 with chemical engineering so should i apply with that score or take one more? Since english is my second language , i don't think i even finish half on my reading part. so i feel like if i take it again i will probably get the same grade since my problem is Time Limit. any suggestion for me ?

exNavyOffRec

Hi all.. i just took OAR today got 50 and my GPA is 3.5 with chemical engineering so should i apply with that score or take one more? Since english is my second language , i don't think i even finish half on my reading part. so i feel like if i take it again i will probably get the same grade since my problem is Time Limit. any suggestion for me ?

What are you going for?

maysoe

I am going for SWO. to be honest i am not sure about any other i can do? my recruiter just told me i need to take OAR to go OCS as SWO.

NW IA

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, but I've been gathering info on here for a few weeks. I just wanted to say thanks for all of the great information that you all have provided regarding the ASTB!

I took the ASTB tonight (4/10) and received 8/8/8 67. I am a senior in mechanical engineering, so my background in mathematics and physics helped a lot. I don't have any flight experience, so the aviation/nautical information portion of the test was a bit more difficult, but I felt prepared from the information i found on Air Warriors. I could definitely tell that the test was adaptive. The math section ended in around 12 questions. I could tell when I got a reading comprehension question wrong, because the next question would be very easy and not military oriented. The performance based measures section was definitely the most difficult. The section where you have to track both airplanes while listening for even/odd numbers was just a blast... I'm glad that's over.

Thanks again, everyone. I will probably be spending more time here on Air Warrior during the rest of my application process.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
OAR 50 with a 3.5 GPA should be OK for SWO, if you round out your package with quality LORs, and other leadership experience, personal achievements, and community involvement, etc. Good luck on your board!:)
BzB

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Hey, thanks for the reply NavyOffRec. I have been informed by my recruiter that we can continue to push forward here with the pilot path and if it doesn't work out in that manner than so be it. However, I plan on attempting it because I'd rather say I tried than not try at all. There is nothing worse than giving up, even if there is only a slim chance. Again, I appreciate the information and the knowledge to keep my head level and understanding as I go through this process!
You turn 27 in 2 months? You still need to take the ASTB, finish your package and submit it. Then go to OCS and graduate before you turn 27. The guy I know had no prior service and turned 27 the day before graduation and was NPQ'd.

maysoe

OAR 50 with a 3.5 GPA should be OK for SWO, if you round out your package with quality LORs, and other leadership experience, personal achievements, and community involvement. Good luck on your board!:)
BzB
Thanks you.. i don't really have any other leadership experience, i just graduated so i've been focus on school work. i will turn the package in . Thanks again

ABearAndAShark

NFO study problems

Hello everyone,

I just joined this place not too long ago in order for help on studying. I'm trying to get into the Navy in order to be an NFO. I think that I don't have adequate study guides and things that will help me prepare for the ASTB. The thing is, I have looked through a lot of the study guides posted on here and throughout the internet, and they really don't help. What I mean is is that they just tell you the answer, not how to get it. If I can't figure out how to get the answer, or at least in the ballpark of the answer, the entire study guide is useless. Does anyone have anything that can help me? I am really having trouble with math, physics, and mechanical comprehension.

Thank you so much