• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 02Nov20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

donkeh

Happy thanksgiving guys & gals. Thankful for all of you and our collective pain of waiting for official results. I hope everyone who can is stuffing themselves tonight and enjoying the holiday with some family. I'm not holding out any hope for tomorrow but maybe next week................. maybe......... please.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Proceed with caution however, reviews are very mixed with some claiming they may not be the best quality.
Ha, welcome to Amazon eh? People have weird expectations. They're like, OMG my sunglasses got scratched when I rubbed them against a concrete wall, terrible product.

I'm curious how good the issued sunglasses are, I'll take free all day long if they work good! lol

TraidsAndRaids

Proceed with caution however, reviews are very mixed with some claiming they may not be the best quality.
Technically those are out of regs because the white "ray ban" signature should also be black, in which case you have to spend an extra $100 and get the polarized version.

RobertE

Full Send
So my recruiter just hit me with the "put NFO as your first choice so you get in". All due respect but I want to be a pilot, not a guy in the back. I've been seeing a lateral transfer is extremely rare in not impossible. Unless there's a price of info I'm missing I'm gonna stick to my guns for NA.

donkeh

So my recruiter just hit me with the "put NFO as your first choice so you get in". All due respect but I want to be a pilot, not a guy in the back. I've been seeing a lateral transfer is extremely rare in not impossible. Unless there's a price of info I'm missing I'm gonna stick to my guns for NA.
Assuming this was meant to be posted in the Jan board thread, I'd agree with alegroreyees. If you know in your heart that you only want to be an Aviator, then only put SNA. If you don't get picked up, try again on a subsequent board that may have more SNA slots.

And yea, talk to some NFO's and ask them what their career was like. They get some cool platforms (P-8, EA-18, E2) and you know you won't get helicopters. They still fly plenty and do really cool work. You might not be so adverse to it after hearing what it's like, but that's gonna be up to you.

This is my first board and I've wanted to be a pilot my entire life and I wasn't willing to compromise. So I only put SNA, even when my recruiter asked me multiple times if I wanted NFO or SWO as well and I repeatedly told him no. My thought process is that if I don't get picked up for SNA this cycle, I'll reapply with new test scores and put NFO on there as well. But considering this is only my first attempt at the board, I wasn't going to settle for my second choice and I'm in a position where I don't mind waiting for the next board. If you're in a similar position, then apply for what YOU want to do, not what your recruiter tells you. Best of luck in your application.