• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board Meeting on 6 OCT

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
NRC now has enough kits to justify having a SWO board. NRC will take all kits to board that have been received by NRC by COB 19 September. This will allow enough time to complile the kit data for board purposes. NRC has scheduled the board to convene on 6 October.

Also, as a heads up SWO kits now require a valid N3M to board.

enlUSMC

It's SWOtastic
NRC now has enough kits to justify having a SWO board. NRC will take all kits to board that have been received by NRC by COB 19 September. This will allow enough time to complile the kit data for board purposes. NRC has scheduled the board to convene on 6 October.

Also, as a heads up SWO kits now require a valid N3M to board.
Thanks. I've searched the internet and can't figure out what a N3M is--is it some sort of medical waiver?
Also, my recruiter told me that the results wouldn't be released until late November (to civilians). Is that the timeline you typically see? Thanks.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Thanks. I've searched the internet and can't figure out what a N3M is--is it some sort of medical waiver?
Also, my recruiter told me that the results wouldn't be released until late November (to civilians). Is that the timeline you typically see? Thanks.

N3M letter is what officially tells you that you're officially medically qualified/not qualified for service. When you complete a physical you recruiter/processor submits the medical documents to N3M for a letter.

Do current Active Duty/FTS members also need this N3M letter, or will the Medical Forms 2808 and 2807 take the place of this letter?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Do current Active Duty/FTS members also need this N3M letter, or will the Medical Forms 2808 and 2807 take the place of this letter?

You need a 2807/2808 form filled out in order to receive an N3M letter so to answer your question, yes.

Also, your OAR is a 43. You do know the min allowable OAR score for SWO is a 45, right?

Rufio, I did see that the min OAR is 45, however I was still encouraged to submit a package. With that being said I was notified in early August that my package was accepted by the processors and that it would be forwarded onto the board. I'm assuming they would have kicked it back if they were not going to entertain it, right?

exNavyOffRec

Rufio, I did see that the min OAR is 45, however I was still encouraged to submit a package. With that being said I was notified in early August that my package was accepted by the processors and that it would be forwarded onto the board. I'm assuming they would have kicked it back if they were not going to entertain it, right?

processors do make mistakes, the next person to see it is the program manager, he should catch the mistake, if not then the board would be the ones to reject it for not meeting the minimum PA, if the board misses it then upon final check they could catch it as well.

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
processors do make mistakes, the next person to see it is the program manager, he should catch the mistake, if not then the board would be the ones to reject it for not meeting the minimum PA, if the board misses it then upon final check they could catch it as well.
Obligatory, not OP but, would this classify as a Pro-Rec-X situation?

exNavyOffRec

Obligatory, not OP but, would this classify as a Pro-Rec-X situation?

Pro X can be several things, it can be if an application is submitted outside the window, it can be if a board is cancelled and one isn't due to be scheduled for awhile, it can be when a person doesn't meet the requirements, and probably a few other things.

USSMaximus

I know it's hard to tell, but I submitted my package to the SWO board on October 6th. If selected, when do you think I will go to OCS?