• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Oct 2013 IDC/SWO-IDC Options Board

Tenzo82

Decided to start this thread because this is round 2 for me. I've learned a lot after some mentoring sessions. Didn't get selected for LDO or Feb/March board. I am still pushing and my deserved to get a commission is burning inside of me.

So here's my updated status.

30 years old with 12 years AD IT1 (IDW/SW/AW)

OAR: 47
GPA: 3.4 with Information Technology Major
Interviews: 2 O-6, 1 O6 (Select) (All 10’s)
LORs: 1 O-10 (European Commander), 1 O-5, 1 O-4, 2 Senior Enlisted
Awards: 1 NCM, 2 NAM, Sailor of the Year 2006, and JSOQ

Evals: EP,EP,P (new First class),EP, and P (New guy “P”)
PFA: Mainly Good-High, Excellent, Excellent (Now the Assistant Command Fitness Leader)

Courses and Certifications:
-US Naval War College (Primary Professional Military Education) course.
-Certified COMPTIA Network Plus, COMPTIA Security Plus, and COMPTIA Advanced Security Practitioner.
-Certified Cisco Network Associate

One thing I really wanted to do was to take Calculus and Physic this summer because I did not take that in college. I only took College Algebra. Do you think I should?

I hope to see some activity on this thread.

exNavyOffRec

The only negative thing I can see is your lack of Calculus and Calc based physics, however given your rate that may help a bit.

Lions

This is my first attempt at submitting a package. Just thought I would throw some stats out to get some feedback. I feel like I have a pretty strong package, but you never know.

Active Duty 16 years, EODC
BS in Intelligence: National Defense Intelligence College
GPA: 3.6
OAR: 58
Multiple combat deployments w/leadership positions
Awards: Bronze Star, Army Achievement, 2 Navy Achievements, various others
Attending a Summer language program so should have a measureable proficiency level in Russian on completion of the course.

bluemarlin04

What are you applying for ^^ Swo ip? Iw? Intel?

You have a pretty strong package especially since you're a chief. I'd say a good shot at whatever you are trying for.

Lions

What are you applying for ^^ Swo ip? Iw? Intel?

You have a pretty strong package especially since you're a chief. I'd say a good shot at whatever you are trying for.

I guess I left out the important part. I am applying for Intel as my primary and IW as secondary.

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
My stats are elsewhere on this forum but I'm targeting the October IDC board as well, so here are my details again:

OAR: 65
GPA: 3.64
Double major B.S. degrees in business-marketing and psychology from University of Maryland (go Terps!)
Calculus up to calc-3 and calc-based physics, from my two years as an EE major
Non-prior with 6 years of experience in marketing, currently working as a business analyst and managing 2 staff
Community and leadership involvement with church, local government, and community band
Still working on LORs, will mostly come from former coworkers, managers, volunteering contacts
More gifted as a student but coming along on the PT side - sub-12 min 1.5 miles, need work on pu/cu

I'm putting my packet in for Intel and IW designators, still deciding on my 1st choice but leaning toward Intel with my marketing communications and research background. This will be my first submission. I started working on my packet in January - just a few weeks too late to make the most recent February IDC board. I was also thinking about putting in for Supply but with the recent change in the program authorization, looks like I'm now too old as I turn 29 in a few months.

Good luck everyone! I'm truly humbled to even be in the same conversation as men and women with your outstanding credentials.

exNavyOffRec

My stats are elsewhere on this forum but I'm targeting the October IDC board as well, so here are my details again:

OAR: 65
GPA: 3.64
Double major B.S. degrees in business-marketing and psychology from University of Maryland (go Terps!)
Calculus up to calc-3 and calc-based physics, from my two years as an EE major
Non-prior with 6 years of experience in marketing, currently working as a business analyst and managing 2 staff
Community and leadership involvement with church, local government, and community band
Still working on LORs, will mostly come from former coworkers, managers, volunteering contacts
More gifted as a student but coming along on the PT side - sub-12 min 1.5 miles, need work on pu/cu

I'm putting my packet in for Intel and IW designators, still deciding on my 1st choice but leaning toward Intel with my marketing communications and research background. This will be my first submission. I started working on my packet in January - just a few weeks too late to make the most recent February IDC board. I was also thinking about putting in for Supply but with the recent change in the program authorization, looks like I'm now too old as I turn 29 in a few months.

Good luck everyone! I'm truly humbled to even be in the same conversation as men and women with your outstanding credentials.

Your calc and calc based phyics will really help you on the IDC board, you should have a decent shot at Intel.

The max age for non prior for Supply was 29 before the new PA, it really only affected those on AD

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
Your calc and calc based phyics will really help you on the IDC board, you should have a decent shot at Intel.

The max age for non prior for Supply was 29 before the new PA, it really only affected those on AD

Thanks for the feedback. My OR and others have indicated that I should have as good a shot as most. With all the waiting, though, it's easy to let uncertainty and doubt creep in about this or that potential weakness. Time has a way of magnifying the small stuff way out of proportion. For my personality, anyways.

I must have referenced an old document on that Supply age limit... that was always a secondary choice for me but good to know.

screech46

This is going to be first time putting in a package, so I'll most likely be needing all the help I can get from everybody. My stats are not quite complete yet, but I'm pretty sure it will be ready before September comes around. What I have for now are as follows:

Active Duty 6 years
BSc in Accounting, Currently pursuing MSc in Accounting
Yet to take the OAR
Currently scheduled for 3 interviews: 1 O-6 and 2 O-5s
3 LOR, from 1 O-5, 2 O-3s and 1 College Professor

I'm trying to go for INTEL, so I have my fingers crossed.

Lions

This is going to be first time putting in a package, so I'll most likely be needing all the help I can get from everybody. My stats are not quite complete yet, but I'm pretty sure it will be ready before September comes around. What I have for now are as follows:

Active Duty 6 years
Yet to take the OAR

What rate are you?

exNavyOffRec

Active Duty 6 years
Yet to take the OAR

If you meet the age requirements you should apply for SWO and Supply as well, I say this as you fit the profile for those more than Intel, and Intel has few spots compared to the other 2.

screech46

If you meet the age requirements you should apply for SWO and Supply as well, I say this as you fit the profile for those more than Intel, and Intel has few spots compared to the other 2.
I talked to the OCM for SWO and Supply and they said that I do not qualify for a waiver. I turned 32 last year, so no luck as far as SWO and Supply goes. I came into the navy when I was already "old" and had to work really hard to get a degree despite being on sea duty for 4.5 years. Do you know what the FY14 quota is for INTEL?